• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Crimes: Conspiracy theories, Assassinations, and Salad Oil Swindles

I came across this when I was reading a book on Bernie Madoff. In that book the focus was "a scheme so simple yet so vast it seemed impossible for only three people to be convicted of anything" for Madoff and then it brought up Salad Oil and more. Still it is such an odd thing to occur right as JFK dies.

But, as should be obvious by now, I love crime. Be it blue collar, white collar, or brown collar. There is just so much potential in such events.

Most interesting.

Yet another reason, alongside the Civil Rights Act, that dying in office was the best thing Kennedy did as President.

The SUPER important thing to focus on here is that Kennedy was out of the loop on this. He was aware there was an issue but not that Amex was in danger of falling. Imagine if US companies had no overseas funds for day to day operations or trading. Amex was not all of it but it was a lot of it.

Back