• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alex's Comissions and Maps Thread

So, new title because I'm not making a separate post for this:

Amber Valley and Derby 2018. Amber Valley is extracted from that massive complete history of the council I did a while back (which I will update the DA version of when I've had chance to go through and change the pie charts to the 7-colour County Council version rather than including the Greens with 'Others'.)

Extract.pngDerby 2018 votes.png

So, who likes Malaysian Election Maps?

malaysian_general_election_2018_by_ajrelectionmaps-dcbfazl.png

@iainbhx - I think it's finished. Russian border is approximately the 1783 fortification line, with a suitably renamed Stavropol as the first of the new foundings.

treaty_of_birmingham_by_imperatordeelysium-dcducji.png

Just marvellous. Must have been an absolute hell sorting out which towns and villages actually existed at that point in time.

Oooooooh... Buda and Pest are yet separate cities!! :love:

Just marvellous. Must have been an absolute hell sorting out which towns and villages actually existed at that point in time.

It's the 'so what was this city called in 18th Century Ottoman Turkish' element that was harder actually.

Oooooooh... Buda and Pest are yet separate cities!! :love:

As if I'd neglect that.

What's that large unparished area SW of Chesterfield?

That's Matlock. At one point known as 'the Matlocks UDC' (after Matlock merged with Matlock Bath).

It had a rather nasty habit of eating its neighbours, to whit the 1974 UDC was an amalgamation of the 1894 Matlock UDC, North Darley UDC, South Darley UDC, Bonsall UDC; and Matlock Bath and Scarthin Nick UDC. Oh and the parish of Cromford off the Rural District.

And no, I don't know how the 1,400 people of Bonsall managed to wrangle themselves an Urban District Council in 1894 either.

That's Matlock. At one point known as 'the Matlocks UDC' (after Matlock merged with Matlock Bath).

It had a rather nasty habit of eating its neighbours, to whit the 1974 UDC was an amalgamation of the 1894 Matlock UDC, North Darley UDC, South Darley UDC, Bonsall UDC; and Matlock Bath and Scarthin Nick UDC. Oh and the parish of Cromford off the Rural District.
Why doesn't Matlock, the largest District Council not simply eat th

Back