• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alex's Comissions and Maps Thread

Alex Richards

Domesday Clock update: 1.5 Williams till Midknight
Patreon supporter
Published by SLP
Thought I'd set up a thread here to post WIPs, updates, discussions and so forth for any map commissions I'm doing, both for SLP titles and otherwise.

So I'm sticking a general spoiler warning here, though I may well spoiler specific posts if I think it advisable.

Reactions: Dom
And to kick off, another update for @iainbhx.

extract_by_imperatordeelysium-dc6swdz.png

And to think all this is only going to last around 3-4 years :whistle:

It's lovely. I'm not sure what the status of the Militär Grenze will be as most of it is well behind the lines now.

Oh God, Bosnia. Let me stare at some maps tomorrow.

And to think all this is only going to last around 3-4 years :whistle:

It's lovely. I'm not sure what the status of the Militär Grenze will be as most of it is well behind the lines now.

Oh God, Bosnia. Let me stare at some maps tomorrow.

Well the MG continued to wrap around the Banat until the mid 1740s IIRC, so this can last until the Great Ausgleich.

Bosnia is, I think, relatively straightforward in that I've found some references/descriptions of 'Ottoman Croatia' that will make sense as the bit annexed to that, and the only really confusing thing is whether Nordbosnien was annexed as a separate 'Kingdom' or just a military zone, and whether that would have been extended or whether just sort of pencilled in as an eventual extension of Slavonia and left at that.

Well the MG continued to wrap around the Banat until the mid 1740s IIRC, so this can last until the Great Ausgleich.

Bosnia is, I think, relatively straightforward in that I've found some references/descriptions of 'Ottoman Croatia' that will make sense as the bit annexed to that, and the only really confusing thing is whether Nordbosnien was annexed as a separate 'Kingdom' or just a military zone, and whether that would have been extended or whether just sort of pencilled in as an eventual extension of Slavonia and left at that.

That is an internal matter for the Hofburg. :)

Essentially, render unto Croatia what is Croatia's and Northern Herzogovina as well. Put most of the rest into the MG (see there is a use for it) and Eastern Herzogovina and everything that is in OTL Republika Srpska south of Zvornik into the Despotate (but not the East Sarajevo nonsense).

@iainbhx - I've just come across a reference to parts of Transylvania in the Partium being transferred to Hungary only in 1732, including Maramures county. Thoughts on this?

@iainbhx - just done a small tweak to the Despotate of Serbia having found that it was meant to follow the Timok, hence excluding Vidin.

Otherwise, does Poland or Romania have the coast between the Danube and Dneistr?

I don't think that was the style used for the OTL Military Frontiers, but this is a rather different beast. The (e.g.) Croatian Military Frontier was just part of Croatia, this seems to be the only Bosnian state.

It is literally under direct military rule and will stay like that for, umm, several years. It's going to be one of the trickiest bits of the Great Hapsburg Administrative re-organisation.

Back