• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alex's Comissions and Maps Thread

They did actually move the County Council headquarters there in 1955.
I do find that interesting about England (really, the East Midlands specifically) - everyone else has been quite happy to have the rural authority's HQ in a major city administratively outside it if that means a more accessible location to residents, but Derbs, Notts and Leics CCs seem to have gone "are you mental, we can't be based outside our own territory".

I do find that interesting about England (really, the East Midlands specifically) - everyone else has been quite happy to have the rural authority's HQ in a major city administratively outside it if that means a more accessible location to residents, but Derbs, Notts and Leics CCs seem to have gone "are you mental, we can't be based outside our own territory".

To be fair, West Bridgford and Glenfield fall firmly into the category of 'would be administratively part of the city if it actually followed the urban area'.

Matlock's just strange in that respect.

Though Surrey is equally absurd in the other direction.

To be fair, West Bridgford and Glenfield fall firmly into the category of 'would be administratively part of the city if it actually followed the urban area'.

Matlock's just strange in that respect.

Though Surrey is equally absurd in the other direction.
I never really think of Surrey in this context because I think "well, obviously Guildford is their ancient and proper county town" only to be reminded that, er, not anymore it isn't.

I never really think of Surrey in this context because I think "well, obviously Guildford is their ancient and proper county town" only to be reminded that, er, not anymore it isn't.

It was administered for about a century from Newington in Southwark.

The 2014 Presidential elections in Bosnia-Herzegovina. 2018 one should be coming soon. There's some rather funky things thrown up by the really low populations of some municipalities (or really low Bosniak/Croat populations). Note also the Brcko District is part of both the subnational Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Republika Srpska.

The Bosniak Presidency saw incumbent Bakir Izetbegovic of the Islamist Bosniak nationalist SDA win re-election on a third of the vote. Of interest are the small pocket of SDP support in the heavily Croat south and the one completely random municipality where Halilovic of the far right BPS tied with a random independent with a single vote apiece.

For the Croats it's basically an internecine fight as Martin Raguz for the HDZ-1990 racked up massive majorities of 80%+ in the Sarajevo area only to lose by a large margin to Dragan Covic of the HDZ due to the latter winning the municipalities where the Croats actually live.

And for the Serbs Mladen Ivanic narrowly beat Zeljka Cvijanovic in a contest that pit the traditional ruling party the SDS- who are Serbian ultra-nationalists and extreme right-wingers who have moderated in recent years- against the SNSD- who started off life as a centre left moderate alliance of Independent Social Democrats but have now firmly transitioned to become fiscally left-wing, extreme social conservative Serbian Ultra-nationalists who keep on calling for secession every few months.

Bosnia 2014.png

The best part of the map of the municipalities of Bosnia is that you can so clearly see how the ceasefire line that established the division between the RS and FBiH messed up with their borders bad.

The best part of the map of the municipalities of Bosnia is that you can so clearly see how the ceasefire line that established the division between the RS and FBiH messed up with their borders bad.

Trnovo (RS) being split into two separate parts is probably the worst.

Trnovo (RS) being split into two separate parts is probably the worst.

Yeah, although I can remember quite a few examples of the literal scar on Bosnia that that border is.

By the way, I'm essentially finished with the 2018 map myself (of BiH presidents, Assembly, and everything below minus cantonal assemblies) but I'm having trouble with all the shades of green and blue everywhere. How many do you guys in AJR have? Because I might need to borrow a few if only to manage.

Yeah, although I can remember quite a few examples of the literal scar on Bosnia that that border is.

By the way, I'm essentially finished with the 2018 map myself (of BiH presidents, Assembly, and everything below minus cantonal assemblies) but I'm having trouble with all the shades of green and blue everywhere. How many do you guys in AJR have? Because I might need to borrow a few if only to manage.

I did see there were 14 parties winning municipalities.

We've got 2 blue and 2 green including that tealish one up there. I'd suggest either just assigning purples and pinks as required or having a general 'other' category.

The Lib Dems are the largest party in Wales and the largest Unionist party in Scotland.

URGH

ITS BEAUTIFUL BUT ALSO MONSTROUS

I actually did a little 'NO FUCKING WAY' to myself when I saw that the third Lib Dem seat in the East Midlands was Bolsover.

I mean like, that literally looks like something I'd slip in as an self-indulgent Easter Egg.

Back