• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

A Loyal City on a Hill - The Commonwealth Wank

This is the front page of CBC News on 16 May, 2020:
2a5UoM1.png

And here is the list of targets and potential swings in the upcoming Columbian election:
zfwJlk9.png

yhEkmlY.png

dKAC7q3.png

X6BNNCr.png

F3ALTrj.png

These maps are colour coded in five shades of the same colour. Here is the key for all of them:
1. (Darkest): current seats held.
2. Seats vulnerable to a 5% swing.
3. Seats vulnerable to a 10% swing.
4. Seats vulnerable to a 15% swing.
5. (Lightest): Seats vulnerable to a 20% swing.

1RENGTm.png

MiGpGyX.png

Z5x2HzW.png

DWWbm2W.png

Damn, just read through this thread, that's one messed up electoral system you have here. The left is near entirely suppressed despite being roughly of similar size as the other big parties. Any reason they're disproportionately hit by it, and is it my leftist brain causing me to think it's intentional?

Damn, just read through this thread, that's one messed up electoral system you have here. The left is near entirely suppressed despite being roughly of similar size as the other big parties. Any reason they're disproportionately hit by it, and is it my leftist brain causing me to think it's intentional?

Not intentional. Just the perils of FPTP. If you look at the margins needed for Labour to pick up their target seats, they’re *incredibly* narrow. Basically both left parties have been reduced down to their core seats in this election, Labour much more so than the Liberals

By the way, what's the difference between the two blue parties? Just regional competition?

*Left bench and right bench: Because of the fact that the French Revolution didn't happen the same way that it did IOTL, the terms left and right wing didn't come about. Instead, the terms that came about are left and right bench. Left bench refers to OTL right wing parties and right bench refers to OTL left wing parties.

Nice! People tend not to change this in TLs, even those with PoDs before the French Revolution (the only other example I can think of is LTTW's metallic spectrum). This is some lovely granular detail.

Is there a full map of the nations of North America together?

Hey y'all, a while back VT45 asked me to help him out with a map of México's capitancies, and this is what I came up with.

The red region within the Captaincy of México is the capital region (I'm assuming México City is the capital). I'm open for any corrections and suggestions. :)

Great stuff you as well VT45! Looking forward to more.

MexicoSubdivisions.png

That's really cool, but shouldn't it be Texas? If you're using the old spelling for México, it might be best to be consistent.

In a totally useless comment, it's so odd to see Valladolid, my birthplace, also existing in Mexico.

In a totally useless comment, it's so odd to see Valladolid, my birthplace, also existing in Mexico.

That's because, much like the English in North America, a good portion of the Spanish colonists were a bit unimaginative in (re)naming places - in this case, Valladolid was the old colonial-era name of Michoacán.

Back