• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

“Walk With Me”: The Alternate History of The West Wing

Of course, seeing how the US Senate works with *Special election for literally a two month term because we have to have it in November*, I'm doubtful that even if you had a Special Presidential Election it wouldn't just be for the last two years with a bit of a bun fight over whether that meant 'two full terms' meant 6 or 8 years in that case.

Of course, seeing how the US Senate works with *Special election for literally a two month term because we have to have it in November*, I'm doubtful that even if you had a Special Presidential Election it wouldn't just be for the last two years with a bit of a bun fight over whether that meant 'two full terms' meant 6 or 8 years in that case.

I think it is a horse that has been well and truly beaten to death on these forums that the political climate of the west wing bears very little resemblance to real life politics.

You can assume some very smart man made a speech about how you had to give the new president a full four years and everyone on both sides worked together for the best of the country to do so.

The adminstrations in Homeland, House of Cards and Scandal also all exist in their own universe.

Well the original Presidential Succession Act did specify a full term, no?

Good article. With reference to the quote the article writer uses, the Supreme Court judge then says, 'And i got you', as if Bartlet were some unpleasant type of herpes. Which serves as a reminder that, although viewers tend to regard Jed as a liberal dreamy Prez, the actual left-wing characters on the show absolutely hated him.

Good article. With reference to the quote the article writer uses, the Supreme Court judge then says, 'And i got you', as if Bartlet were some unpleasant type of herpes. Which serves as a reminder that, although viewers tend to regard Jed as a liberal dreamy Prez, the actual left-wing characters on the show absolutely hated him.

Remember when "left-wing" Toby solves Social Security by privatizing it?

'D. Wire Newman' isn't a very presidential name, but it is a very, very American name, so maybe it should be a presidential name.
Played by James Cromwell, who is perfect casting for Grouchy Dem!HW Bush. I recall he played HW in Dubya later.

The adminstrations in Homeland, House of Cards and Scandal also all exist in their own universe.
Don’t forget 24, which despite its high-octane nonsense in many areas, goes some way to making all its Presidencies consistent and doesn’t have random retcons that plague other shows like it. You can make a list that’s near-unarguable, almost down to exact dates in office for everyone (thwarted by how the show’s ‘Days’ don’t have specific dates, usually).

Back