• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. R

Spaghetti Shenanigans Starring Riley
    Threadmarks: Into the Carterverse #36 (Marijuana Mismanagement)

Into The Carterverse Marijuana Mismanagement "Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself; and where they are, they should be changed. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against possession of marijuana in private...
  2. R

Threadmarks: Into The Carterverse #35 (A Coup in Korea)

Into the Carterverse A Coup in Korea In Early 1986 during the spring Soviet Premier Valentina Tereshkova was showing off her leadership skills around the globe. She had been busy at home trying to reorganize the communist party around herself and shift it’s direction. While she agreed...
  3. R

Well, Heseltine is also pro-europe so they'll have some competition and also the Conservatives are more hard-line well... conservative. Conservative voters wont switch to the liberals permanently if they arent all that conservative. I guess it'll depend on the quality of each campaign.
  4. R

Threadmarks: Into The Carterverse #33 (Michael Foot and his Consequences)

Into the Carterverse Michael Foot and his Consequences “As a government tries to weave it’s way between the half-in half-out approach to Europe it must seriously consider asking the people of this country what they think about it. This government says that the final status of the common market...
  5. R

Threadmarks: Into The Carterverse #32 (Bowers v. Hardwick)

Into the Carterverse Bowers v. Hardwick On a summer day in July 1982 in Atlanta Mr Michael Hardwick was issued a citation for public drinking for throwing a beer bottle into a trash can. Police officer Keith Torick allegedly observed him violating the state's public drinking law. Hardwick...
  6. R

Threadmarks: Into The Carterverse #31 (Shakeup in South Dakota)

Into the Carterverse Shakeup in South Dakota (I thought it was a bit silly to have a activist in the position of a secretary so i've retconned a bit resulting in President Mondale nominating George McGovern as Labor secretary as an olive branch to his primary challenger) Senator and 1972...
  7. R

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

that is some serious flooding wow
  8. R

Threadmarks: Into The Carterverse #30 (fABBAulous)

Into the Carterverse fABBAulous Under Attack is the 9th studio Album by the Swedish pop group ABBA. Growing personal differences between the band members had made recording the album a long process with considerations of splitting up. However, the strong performance of their previous album The...
  9. R

Threadmarks: Into The Carterverse #29 (Kenny's New Toys)

Into the Carterverse Kenny's New Toys (I suppose this post may give away one of my hobbies) The Labour controlled GLC with a shiny new labour government was ready to do some more policy under the guise of Ken Livingstone. Their plan from their first term to reduce public transportation fees...
  10. R

Threadmarks: New Zealand 2023 Election

The 2023 New Zealand General Election was held on the 21st of October 2023 to elect members to the 53rd parliament. The Labour party won the 2020 election in an unprecedented Landslide being able to Govern alone despite the nature of the MMP proportional System. Despite not needing to the...
  11. R

Threadmarks: Into The Carterverse #28 (The Mondale Cabinet)

Into the Carterverse The Mondale Cabinet (If any of these sound unrealistic its because they probably are but just go with it) THE MONDALE CABINET President: Walter Mondale Vice President: Dianne Feinstein Secretary of State: Dick Clark Secretary of Treasury: Alice Rivlin Secretary...
  12. R

oh crap I should probably make a list of Members of the Mondale Cabinet considering how important the positions are.
  13. R

Threadmarks: Into The Carterverse #27 (Muddling with the Metrics in 'Merica)

Into the Carterverse Muddling with the Metrics in 'Merica The Adoption of the Metric System in the USA had been going okay since the Conversion act of 1975, The Metric Board had been given the resources to deliver pamphlets to many American homes and sponsor educational programmes on the...
  14. R

Threadmarks: Into The Carterverse #26 (Assorted Mondale Things)

Into the Carterverse Assorted Mondale Things Walter Mondale's campaign was notably short on big policy. His proposals included Eliminating a few tax loopholes that favoured the rich which was easily put in the budget. He promised to increase funding for Social Security and Medicare, with the...
  15. R

Tibby's Graphics and Grab-Bag Thread.

This sounds alot cooler than OTL
  16. R

Threadmarks: Into The Carterverse #25 (Foot In Mouth Syndrome)

Into the Carterverse Foot In Mouth Syndrome Ever since the embaessment of the Falkland's and the 1982 election Margaret Thatcher had been on shaky ground with popularity. The faluire of the Falkland's and damaged most things for the UK, national pride, international relations and the economy to...
  17. R

Threadmarks: Into The Carterverse #24 (Afgani Accounting Anxiety)

Into the Carterverse Afgani Accounting Anxiety Walter Mondale was sworn in as president on January 20th 1985, Well officially at least, the actual public ceremony took place the next day. The preceding day was extremely cold 7 degrees (-14 in Celsius) in the capitol and proceedings had to be...
  18. R

When it came to replacing Muldoon there were alot of competing personalities, Bill Birch was a comprimise between them all which meant it just didnt happen. They couldnt really try again because the nation knew that they already wanted Rob gone but that if they tried again theyd devolve into...
  19. R

Threadmarks: Into The Carterverse #23 (Muldoon vs Moyle)

(this essentially serves as a treat to me after writing about American politics, so for today I switch back to what the hell has been going on in my own country) Into the CarterKiwiverse Muldoon vs Moyle Robert Muldoon had been Prime Minister of New Zealand for 9 Years. After winning a...
  20. R

Back