• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. K

My Main Timeline: What if the Franco-Prussian war escalated?

I was thinking more: Britain France Austria Turkey All together Which isn't quite so bad odds You could have a blockade from Britain, slowing waring down Prussia (even more so, given they hadn't fully industrialised)
  2. K

@lordroel I have a few scenarios this timeline could go, would appreciate your advice. a. Russia intervenes on the side of the Prussians, then Britain and the Ottomans on the side of the French-Austrians. Prussia loses. Austria regains limited hegemony in Germany and tensions rise with France...
  3. K

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Alternate 1984 election without an invasion of the Falklands
  4. K

There's some Marxist argument that communist revolutions can't happen unless the country has a high enough level of industrialisation, but bourgeius revolution can. I think 1905 was a bourgouis not a communist revolution. That said, Marx was wrong, because he thought the revolution would come...
  5. K

37 minutes ago #3 Part 3: Moltke's Plan (NEW!) The odds where against Prussia. The government had the good sense to realise that continuning looses would mean that more and more powers would pick over the Prussian corprse. A bold plan was hatched. Austria was much weakened by her defeat in...
  6. K

They went quite well thank you Thande

They went quite well thank you Thande
  7. K

Writing vs Scenarios and Points of Divergence?

Thank you! I think because I've been discussing it for 2 months or so I'm going to place it in the writing. You're a lifesaver, thanks :)
  8. K

Writing vs Scenarios and Points of Divergence?

I'm not sure if I've placed my TL correctly. I've written two chapters and it's 1500 words. Does it going in "Writing" or "Scenarios and Points of Divergence"?
  9. K

Also, should this be in the Writing section?
  10. K

Could a communist revolution happen before the levels of industrialisation that were seen in 1917?
  11. K

Thank you! t's pretty terrible because it's my first ever TL (also it has been through severe scrutiny on the sister site). Seriously, I'm not convinced of this timeline myself.... I'd probably look at many of the excellent TLs on this site before using mine. I'm not writing in the usual style...
  12. K

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Was this the Nixon victory in 1960 time line?
  13. K

All's Quiet on the Falklands

Very true
  14. K

Currently planning to have Russia join the Prussians ("the Crimean betrayal" by Austria, prospect of free hand in the Balkans) and British join the French (hostility to disruption of th ebalance of power by Prussia, Near East worries in the case of Russia)
  15. K

With Healey, the alliance would do considerably worse and Labour considerably better
  16. K

Could I press you on this. How sure of you of this fact? I'm not doubting you, but it drastically effects the potential TL so it'd be good to have a concrete source that he'd resign (thus Healey would do somewhat better, as you say)
  17. K

Part 3 I plan: March on Trier by French forces (rebuffed by Prussians) Schiellefen in reverse (German invading Austria to knock it out of the war) Prussians halted outside Vienna Stalemate begins
  18. K

Intresting. Defiently going to have a Paris Commune war exhaustion riot. Stay tuned...
Back