• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. S

Geopolitics of 'Godzilla Minus One'

I saw Godzilla Minus One in the theater in December and loved it - although being the AH nerd I am one bit perplexed me. The reason the film gives for the American occupational forces in Japan not engaging Godzilla is that the US is afraid to piss off the Soviets. Wouldn't Godzilla be the...
  2. S

A Letter From Your New Blog Editor

Discuss my introductory letter to the community here. I know we haven't been doing articles on Tuesdays for a while but I wanted to not interfere with the current schedule. Expect articles tomorrow and Friday, as well as a clerical update on Thursday detailing some administrative issues. I...
  3. S

On the display of graphic violence

This post from @SenatorChickpea in the Ukraine thread raises necessary questions for times like these. I ask what Liam asks - is there a board policy on this?
  4. S

Most interesting time period for the rediscovery of silphium

This is an odd and frankly somewhat silly idea I had today, when I brought up the topic of silphium, the plant used as a contraceptive by the ancient Greeks and Romans before being driven extinct. I then asked myself - what if the plant had been rediscovered at some later date, and widely...
  5. S

German-American culture without the World Wars

I stumbled upon this really interesting comment in /r/AskanAmerican discussing German influences on American culture had the World Wars not marginalized it to the extent it had done. Link is here; for ease of access it is quoted below. Are there any other diversions we might see in this...
  6. S

Are there any SLP books about nuclear war?

Soon I will be starting to do research for a podcast episode I'll be in, about alternate histories featuring nuclear war, or more generally on the use of nuclear weapons in alternate historical wars. Are there any published by this outlet with that subject? I've already read Decisive Darkness...
Back