• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. Y

Linking to the Internet Archive's Library?

Specifically If I had been ... : ten historical fantasies, edited by Daniel Snowman. It's a work of alt-history published in 1979 that's out of print, as far as I can tell.
  2. Y

Linking to the Internet Archive's Library?

I realise that it's kind of in a legally precarious situation right now, so I'm just wondering if it's permissible to link to books that are found there.
  3. Y

If those who had died in "their time" had lived longer (if Oscar Wilde had seen WWI and other ideas)

Remembering the Fountainhead Filibuster, it'd b interesting to see what effects Dag Hammarskold and Patrice Lumumba's survival would have had. Carol Kalish's survival would have been a pretty major impact on the comic book industry, since it's possible that some of Marvel's more ill-advised...
  4. Y

Scenes We'd Like To See: Alternate Movies, Television & Other Pop Culture Miscellanea

I've just seen this fascinating article on Carol Kalish, and it feels like her living past her untimely death would have pretty massive repurcussions for the history of Marvel and the comics industry as a whole. She might be someone worth keeping in mind as a major player in other comics-based...
  5. Y

Rajneeshi Community

You mentioning Scientology reminded me of the Fountainhead Filibuster (granted they weren't the ones building a city there, but still)...maybe a bunch of 'patriots' are the ones to pool their resources. I seem to recall there were actual cases where Neo-Nazis moved into a community and tried to...
  6. Y

Rajneeshi Community

Huh, weirdly enough the incorporation was recognised as legal, after the Rajneeshi's had departed. Imagine if another group had swooped in and bought it up at auction (there was only one bidder)...it wouldn't even have to be another cult.
  7. Y

Alternate Cold War Sets ups and Scenarios

Cheers! Guess I was looking in the wrong forum...
  8. Y

I haven't, do you have a link? Search isn't being helpful, unless I'm missing something.
  9. Y

One idea I had would be Germany actually being disarmed as a neutral country, rather than being divided. Perhaps they might become a leading light of the non-aligned movement. Presumably this Germany would be more left-wing, since if it was democratic the SPD's electoral heartlands wouldn't be...
  10. Y

One Foot Wrong: An Alternate History of the Siege of Forli

I'd really love to see a TL made of this idea.
  11. Y

If I had been ... :Ten Historical Fantasies (1979)

It's available on Questia, and you can get a pre-owned copy from Amazon.
  12. Y

Something Real: Moe Berg Mysteries #1

I learn about Moe Berg in an article on a comics blog, where the blogger went in very well-though-out detail of how they'd handle hypothetically being given Doctor Strange. While of course, we still haven't been graced with a story where Moe Berg's a former disciple of The Ancient One, I'm glad...
  13. Y

If I had been ... :Ten Historical Fantasies (1979)

I stumbled across references to this book while I was browsing the web, and having tracked down and read it for myself, I'd heartily recommend it! It's a collection of (as the title implies) 10 stories by various academics stepping into the shoes of various historical figures and trying to plot...
Back