• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. T

Alternate History General Discussion

Would definitely read, that sounds a fascinating idea.
  2. T

If only (shut up Gaelic football, I’m talking) there were a version of football with no offside rule so we could observe it. If only.
  3. T

Yes, I know, I've read them several times. I just reckoned that with Ted Eight's submissive qualities relationship-wise, they might have been quite the couple.
  4. T

Maybe it was Anne Colleton and Harry just never told us. Although she’d have been getting on a bit by then, if not already dead.
  5. T

Expired HTTPS certificate for the forums

If the process is automated but people have to carry out the process manually, are we manipulating the computer or are we the machines? Deep.
  6. T

Larger 9/11

Very difficult to arrange, as public transport doesn’t necessarily depart at the time it’s supposed to, and planes aren’t any less susceptible to this than, say, trains. The fourth bomber in the UK 7/7 bombings blew up a bus because the train he was originally going to board wasn’t running, for...
  7. T

Not quite how I pictured Armstrong Grimes, to be honest. (He probably got a bit more cynical after Robert E Lee shot him with an Uzi.)
  8. T

George V did all right. I think he had descendants too, but I dunno what happened to them.
  9. T

The Moon Is Red: Apple TV does AH.

S1 and S2 are top notch. S3? A bit meh, and telegraphs its punches a bit.
  10. T

Come back, boot stamping on my face forever! Nothing needed to be forgiven!
  11. T

Apple appear to have made season 1 free to view for a limited time.
  12. T

‘So I read Animal Farm and then went to a farm and the sheep couldn’t talk and those pigs had fuck-all grasp of historical materialism, if you ask me. Fiction, they calls it. LIES, I calls it.’
  13. T

Living the Twenties: P,Q,R

I miss QPR in the top flight. Best football acronym ever, much like my own beloved Gunners have the best nickname. Oh yes. ETA: And the 1920s also included Arsenal losing in the 1927 FA Cup Final to Cardiff City, the only time the big-eared cup has ever left England. And our keeper was Welsh...
  14. T

I see the season 3 premiere has been announced for June 10.
  15. T

Ramifications of and lead-up to 1997 Conservative victory following 1992 win

I was going to say ‘Tony Blair caught on video fucking a goat’ but I don’t even that would have done it in 1997. Pushed the majority into double figures, maybe.
  16. T

His very own Popular Front

His very own Popular Front
  17. T

WI: Nazi Victory

That would be a timeline I'd very much like to read.
  18. T

“Walk With Me”: The Alternate History of The West Wing

Good article. With reference to the quote the article writer uses, the Supreme Court judge then says, 'And i got you', as if Bartlet were some unpleasant type of herpes. Which serves as a reminder that, although viewers tend to regard Jed as a liberal dreamy Prez, the actual left-wing characters...
  19. T

If the Civil Rights Act hadn't been passed, when/would the individual Southern states repeal segregation?

I can see a situation where segregation survives until the 90s where a Southern President with a trifecta could put what seems like a decisive end to it. Then, much like Roe v Wade, the opposing side shouts THIS IS EVIL BOO up until the present day, but never decisively moves to decapitate it...
  20. T

Gifting SLP e-books to others

Cheers for that, Skinny. Fortunately my dad lives a scant 90 miles away, but useful to know as my last three partners have all been foreign so this could come up in the future.
Back