• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. W

The Thirty-Ninth HoS List Challenge Thread

April Fools! I moved the start of the contest to the next day! (This is absolutely 100% the real reason and I did not forget.) The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 9:00pm on the last day of the month (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a...
  2. W

The Thirty-Eighth HoS List Challenge Thread

Time to begin the [looks at hand] List Korean War. Sure. Korean War between HoS lists. Create List Juche. The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the last day of the month (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a list related to the...
  3. W

The Thirty-Seventh HoS List Challenge Thread

Did you know 1/37 = 0.2727272727... and 1/27 = 0.3737373737...? Maths truly is a wonderland. The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the last day of the month. (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a list related to the prompt. As for...
  4. W

The Thirty-Sixth HoS List Challenge

To master the art of list-writing, one must employ all 36 stratagems! Apart from the retreat one. And all the other ones that don't really work in this context. The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the last day of the month. (or whenever I remember to post the...
  5. W

The Thirty-Fifth HoS List Challenge

Chag sameach to all! The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the 28th (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a list related to the prompt. As for what constitutes a list? If you'd personally post it in Lists of Heads of Government and...
  6. W

The Thirty-Fourth HoS List Challenge

A penny loaf to feed old lists, a chunk of overreliance-on-a-single-Wikipedia-article to choke them… The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the 28th (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a list related to the prompt. As for what...
  7. W

The Thirty-Third HoS Challenge

Skidoo, guys! (Yes, that's 23. I know. I am just very tired. It's been a busy first week at Uni.) The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the 28th (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a list related to the prompt. As for what...
  8. W

The Thirty-Second HoS Challenge

It's time to go back to school! The school of HoS lists, where you learn about realignment in the American South and how it would affect Bryan Gould. The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the 28th (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to...
  9. W

The Thirty-First HoS Challenge

All the rest of the challenges have thirty-one, except [tedious pseudo-topical gag] alone. The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the 27th (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a list related to the prompt. As for what constitutes a...
  10. W

The Thirtieth HoS Challenge

Thirty days have list challenges, and the rest I can't phalanges! The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the 27th (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a list related to the prompt. As for what constitutes a list? If you'd personally...
  11. W

AHC: Kill New York

Through most of the Seventies, New York was on the rocks; deindustrialisation, white flight, a corrupt police department, crime, debt, and fire ravaged the city. Various factors—the Wall Street stock market boom and the corresponding real estate boom, and the shift to a service economy—helped it...
  12. W

The Twenty-Ninth HoS Challenge

I think we can all agree that we're Proud of making HoS Lists! [aide whisperers frantically in ear] Uh, the goal of my content has always been to entertain, The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the 27th (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day)...
  13. W

Can't edit posts on my test thread

Title basically says it all--I've checked, and posts on my test thread made after still-editable posts in other places are no longer able to be edited, so it's not a time-locking issue.
  14. W

The Twenty-Eighth HoS Challenge

Mayday! I'm being bombarded with terrific lists! (Is this anything?) The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the 27th (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a list related to the prompt. As for what constitutes a list? If you'd...
  15. W

Alternate Holidays and Holiday Customs.

I've always been of the opinion that alternate festivals add a lot to the texture of a timeline, and it seems worthwhile to have a general thread to discuss them. I've been reading The English Year, an extremely comprehensive guide to the traditional English calendar, and there are a few ideas...
  16. W

The Twenty-Seventh HoS List Challenge.

[BBC-announcer-struggling-for-something-to-say voice] Elliot may have called April the cruellest month, but this certainly isn't the cruellest list challenge! The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the 27th (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that...
  17. W

The Twenty-Sixth HoS List Challenge

Damn, now I can't alphabetise them any more! The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the 27th (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a list related to the prompt. As for what constitutes a list? If you'd personally post it in Lists of...
  18. W

The Twenty-Fifth HoS List Challenge

something something shortest month but not shortest lists something something The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the 27th (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a list related to the prompt. As for what constitutes a list? If you'd...
  19. W

The Twenty-Fourth HoS List Challenge

Another year has come and gone, but many more years of list challenges are to come! (This is a threat.) The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the 27th (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a list related to the prompt. As for what...
  20. W

The Twenty-Third HoS List Challenge.

Chag Sameach to all! The rules are simple; I give a prompt, and you have until 4:00pm on the 28th (or whenever I remember to post the announcement on that day) to post a list related to the prompt. As for what constitutes a list? If you'd personally post it in Lists of Heads of Government and...
Back