• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. C

Al Grito de Guerra

One trick I really like is how it cuts between narrative and faux-history-book chapters to show dirty deeds and then how the general public will never know for sure why things happened, though many suspect.
  2. C

If We'd Only Got That Penalty

Two stories in, and bloody hell Gary put a lot of thought into the alternate Haiti(s), what a setting
  3. C

The Scottish Anthology

I was up to the two WW2 PODs when I realised the anthology is going in chronological order. Nicely done!
  4. C

Pride and Points of Divergence

Five stories in now, getting my eyes opened with gay youth gangs in Germany, Nottingham activists, and what may be the first recorded trans woman in English historical record, none of which I knew about before AH was crafted around them.
  5. C

Interview with Lillith Roberts

Spotted earlier today there's an interview with @Lilitou on the site!
  6. C

US high-speed rail

"[country] has shiny high-speed rail and the US doesn't" is a recurring internet meme, though when looking timing up for this thread I see the US was an early adopter and the Metroliner kept having problems. So: what if US governments in the 70s decided they wanted this to work out and expand...
  7. C

What if those feet, in ancient times, did walk upon England?

So this one sprung to me: what if Jesus actually had turned up in England at some point, it's not just a nice line in a poem, we had Gospels talking about it and records of a much earlier start to the church in England? What does that mean for the development of religion in Britain and politics...
  8. C

Agent Lavender

So I knew the very premise was audacious when I started reading but I didn't expect to read what really happened to Lord Lucan or James Bond showing up except he's Bloody HELL.
  9. C

Poll edit

I can't edit the 50th Vignette poll to remove an entry (David wasn't posting a competitive entry), is that something the mods can do?
  10. C

British California?

This one comes down to the fact that an episode of Power Rangers, the show implicitly and sometimes explicitly set in California, saying Angel Grove the obvious LA stand-in was founded by British redcoats. (Because they could film at a 'colonial life' park in Australia and assumed kids wouldn't...
  11. C

Sexy Steampunk Girls VS Magic Nazis

The series is coming out for your kindles, cos MONEY:
  12. C

Freedom's Rampart

Just came across a positive review of @Kato 's "Freedom's Rampart" out in the wild, on David James Nicoll's prolific review blog.
  13. C

Allo Americana

Started on this, got through the first two - hooray for Sasquatch!
  14. C

Dark Rose

I've started on Mike Lunnon-Wood's Dark Rose, in 1995 a thirty-seconds-into-your-future thriller and now accidental AH, where the Palestinians and Libyans take over Ireland. Why? Because that's an insane premise that I thus must read, and Lunnon-Wood did some good army thriller work with Long...
  15. C

Streseland

I have got to the bit with the ZfD-not-Nazis-at-all-oh-no-we're-legal-party-supporters house and the small child who does the (banned) sieg-heil salute at everyone knew before announcing "I am four". Ouch.
  16. C

1944 Olympics

I just learned from @Kato that the UK had actually bid for the cancelled 1944 Olympics before the war started. So this gets me thinking: what happens if the war ends about a year earlier, or more likely VE Day is earlier so the ongoing war doesn't mean London's getting bombed, and there's an...
  17. C

How can Ireland dominate Britain?

We've got two geographically large countries right next door, constantly interacting with each other - in OTL, Britain ends up stepping on Ireland, but is there any point in time or development that could happen where Ireland gets to have at some dominance over Britain? Even if it's not for that...
  18. C

FiveThirtyEight does AH

FiveThirtyEight's Ella Koeze did a piece last year on "How 13 Rejected States Would Have Changed The Electoral College", with the intention being: It turns out the answer is "no" but it definitely shows how arbitrary the US electoral college is and our "THIS IS RED THIS IS BLUE" views. So one...
  19. C

Legacy of Saint Brendan

I'm about halfway into this, into the 11th century of the alternate colonisation - really enjoying it, especially when the "history book" has to give up and cite old sagas and accounts with dubious background.
  20. C

Chamberlain Resigns map

The devil made work for idle hands - a rough map of Europe in the Chamberlain Resigns world post-Franco-British Union, with a bit of time twisting. - Light purple are nations in the Commonwealth, a global trading/political union; predominantly ex-British colonies, several European nations were...
Back