• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. D

Also just brought me to the realization that most “well-regarded” WWII TLs saw the Eastern Front...

Also just brought me to the realization that most “well-regarded” WWII TLs saw the Eastern Front as kind of a sideshow—despite being the raison d’etre of Nazi policy—and usually the Soviets aren’t portrayed with as much care as the Americans, British or Free French.
  2. D

Ah, i was interested on the dispositions of the Kwantung Army and the Far Eastern Front, as well...

Ah, i was interested on the dispositions of the Kwantung Army and the Far Eastern Front, as well as if the Soviets aren’t asleep on the wheel and their ability to mobilize earlier.
  3. D

By the way, i was reading a bit on your When The World Held Your Breath article series for...

By the way, i was reading a bit on your When The World Held Your Breath article series for reference, and what bibliography did you use for them?
  4. D

[IMG] Yooo they made Decisive Darkness in real life???

Yooo they made Decisive Darkness in real life???
  5. D

I’ve checked it out, it seems interesting though i cannot commrnt further

I’ve checked it out, it seems interesting though i cannot commrnt further
  6. D

Hello hello! Haven't been on SLP in a while, how are you doing!

Hello hello! Haven't been on SLP in a while, how are you doing!
  7. D

Paul Cockshott reviewed Meet The New Boss

(Honestly not sure if this go here in the first place)
  8. D

Vignette: El Salvador Salvadoreño

One of my all time favourites, the author's style and tone has also served as an inspiration for me.
  9. D

Review - The Fall of Rorke's Drift by John Laband

Yeah many history books are pretty adamant in saying “thinking about what if this thing happened differently is dumb shit and wouldn’t affect anything”, which is kinda funny because i read said books to get an idea of said thing happening differently.
  10. D

If those who had died in "their time" had lived longer (if Oscar Wilde had seen WWI and other ideas)

Bernard Fall, of Hell In A Very Small Place and Street Without Joy fame. It was actually mentioned in the foreword to the 2018 edition of Street Without Joy.
  11. D

Does the supernatural have a place in Alternate History?

I always felt that alternate history is less a genre and more of a canvas whereas anyone can write down on it so yeah, i think it would be pretty interesting and i had no problems with the supernatural.
  12. D

i eat chicken

i eat chicken
  13. D

Far right anti-colonialism?

something something Franco-African mongrel race
  14. D

Yeah, maybe Germany who never had colonies but still lose a WWI equivalent?
  15. D

It goes without saying that the maintenance and/or expansion/acquisition of colonies are one of the policies of fascist movements. Italy's invasion of Ethiopia sank Fascism's appeal among the colonized peoples and only Japan which are arguably not as codified as Germany and Italy put out "Asia...
  16. D

Least favorite alt-history story?

A lot of ISOT TLs feels like "Colonialism: This Time We'll Do It Right". It can be well written, but still. (As One Star Sets for example, i feel like Japan seems too altruistic? Maybe i have more skewed opinions on Shinzo Abe, i guess)
  17. D

Will you crosspost Our Struggle here?

Will you crosspost Our Struggle here?
  18. D

Howdy.

Howdy.
Back