• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. R

Titanic Alternatives

Allow me. A couple of things here. I agree that adding the Master's prefix could have made a difference. That would have made Phillips and Bride take the messages to the bridge. But remember that there was a bit of a casual air either way with messages. Mariners like Captain Smith didn't quite...
  2. R

WI: The Apollo 11 crew died in quarantine?

You know, I've thought of this concept before and I'm surprised no one's played with it.
  3. R

Actors who ran for office or were approached to?

I remember everyone getting excited about Fred Thompson making a run for the Republican nomination in 2008 and flaring out pretty quickly. Still not certain why everyone was so excited about it.
  4. R

How the American Civil War created Super Mario Bros

I'd always heard the name came from a pizzeria; owing a guy named Mario is a new one to me.
  5. R

How many nukes could be PREVENTED from launching in the event of an accidental exchange?

Considering the launch on warning, use 'em or lose 'em mentality of the 1980s there wouldn't be any chance to stop the massive exchange. But there'd be enough time for the Soviets to go "...oops..." when there aren't any missiles hitting, followed by very many missiles hitting. There's a chance...
  6. R

2019 Britain ISOT to November 1944?

True. But that would only be applicable for the uptimers. The downtimers would obviously be able to read her diary but it (and Anne's life if she's saved) would probably take a very different course. That's all I'm saying. (It's not 'we' though. I'm left wondering WTF happened in 2019. ;)) I...
  7. R

She would be a very different symbol, if a symbol at all. Part of her "appeal" is dying in the waning weeks of the war.
  8. R

I suppose I'm reminded of those rather testy conversations I had with my grandfather about not bombing or otherwise imperiling the Final Solution. He would get quite angry, saying the best way to stop it was to stop the war. He was very defensive about it. Still, the image of Chinooks...
  9. R

(clears cobwebs) Would Britain even be able to field that many operatives? Might it be more beneficial to send that strike team to the Wolf's Lair or Berlin, depending on the date?
  10. R

For King & Country: An immersive theatre experience based on Operation Sea Lion

Sure, let's hear it and I promise to keep it mum. I'm fine with "it succeeds" scenarios as long as it's well-written and tries to make it somehow doable. Well, now we know why the occupation is so hated.
  11. R

For King & Country: An immersive theatre experience based on Operation Sea Lion

I'd be curious as to the POD and ATL getting us to a Nazi-occupied Britain, especially considering the reputation Sea Lion has. Even if you can't really share. Also noticed who's leading Britain... a surviving Heydrich is butterflies in itself, but I would assume that he was sent to pacify...
  12. R

Red rain is pouring down, red rain...

Red rain is pouring down, red rain...
  13. R

You know, I read Rye at the age Holden was supposed to be. I remember not being impressed at all.

You know, I read Rye at the age Holden was supposed to be. I remember not being impressed at all.
  14. R

Don't blame you.

Don't blame you.
  15. R

Daily Mail future prediction now Daily Mail alternate history by default

Well, his most recent book is about Britain's imagination and its strange history... How apt.
  16. R

Goering if Hitler dies in early 1939?

It's more that it reflects the very OTL reality of the initial German occupation of Prague - trucks and tanks breaking down, soldiers having to ask bewildered cops how to get to Prague Castle, and Hitler himself casually remarking "get rid of it" when seeing Petrin Tower (it's still there...
  17. R

This gets my approval.
  18. R

How does Hitler himself die? You might see a different succession depending on how, where and when the Fuhrer passes.
  19. R

Silver horses ran down moonbeams in your dark eyes

Silver horses ran down moonbeams in your dark eyes
  20. R

In the white room with black curtains near the station

In the white room with black curtains near the station
Back