• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. A

Has the grey mode UI just changed so that certain boxes are blue instead of black for anyone else?

Yeah, can confrim that for me all links on the forum are now a quite distracting colour of light blue.
  2. A

Prequel Problems: Rogue One

I suppose without Palpatine, the Separatists wouldn't end up with the support of the syndicates trade federations. On the other hand, it means the Separatists would be more willing to try to negotiate first (since it's the trade federations that want to make war as that leads to profits), which...
  3. A

Prequel Problems: Rogue One

The Count Dooku origins audio-drama - alongside the new Master And Apprentice series by Claudia Gray both seem to be suggesting that there might have been some sort of secession even without Palpatine. All of them show that whatever promises the Republic (and the Jedi) had made with the Mid-Rim...
  4. A

My name.

Just saw this. Congrats Jophiel!
  5. A

No War Outbreak in 1914: Impact on UK Domestically

I definitely think the momentum was towards Scottish Home Rule though I must admit my expertise is really with interwar Scotland as opposed to the pre-1914 situation. The big question would be whether events in Ireland would affect the Liberals domination of Scottish politics allowing the...
  6. A

British Republic PODs and Discussion

I certainly think there is potential for a British Republic to arise during the period between 1919 and 1926 as there were certainly a number of revolutionary moments that could have developed during that period of immense civil strife.
  7. A

No Battle of Culloden; Effect on the Highlands

I guess I would take the 1/3 "Couldn't Care Less" to be those who had made their peace with the Claim of Right of 1689 and so supported/were members of the Established Kirk (but who if the Episcopalians had won whould have been members of the Established Episcopal Kirk.) The interesting thing...
  8. A

Exactly, though the aristocracy will be as divided as the rest of the populace with the majority backing the current status quo. There's a really fascinating scenario that could come out of this set-up but it would probably take an incredible amount of original research to try and create a...
  9. A

This fundamentally changes Scottish history. Primarily because it means that Presbyterianism never manages to fully win against the Episcopalians who in OTL dwindled to a small minority over the later half of the 18th century due to the level of persecution they faced after the '45. If due to...
  10. A

There Shall Be a Scottish Assembly - Yes in 1979

Alas I don't have any more information than that I'm afraid. I saw their leaflet once when researching the subject but I seem to lack any record I can find. My gut feeling is that they were the Liberal Lords who pushed for this amendment to the Scotland Act of 1978: "The members of which shall...
  11. A

There Shall Be a Scottish Assembly - Yes in 1979

Very interesting so far. I don't know if you know but there was an aristocratic funded campaign in 1978 calling for Proportional Representation to be the electoral system of the proposed Scottish Assembly. I believe their plan was to keep campaigning once the devolution referendum was won so...
Back