• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. K

Weird Spacing Issue

so, when you're typing in any reply or text box, there's this issue that when you make a new paragraph, every time you hit backspace it goes back on that new paragraph. therefore, at the end, you have to go through and manually place your own line breaks. it is deeply, deeply irritating. why...
  2. K

Cikka's Farcical AH Comp II: The Revenge

Hello, everyone. I'm Cikka, from the internet like, and welcome to Cikka's AH competition II. DA RULES I will pick a theme, out of my own infinite wisdom. The themes will usually be light and play off sitting AH tropes rather than anything you have to be inspired by. You can do whatever you...
  3. K

AHC: These days, you can't say you're English without being arrested and thrown in jail.

Challenge for you all: Stewart Lee's famous bit of course was represented as a piece of unreasonable conservative wittering. But can there be a modern (Say, after 1900) situation where that would be a reasonable statement? Maybe in Ireland, after a more violent war of independence?
  4. K

Could the Republic of Texas survive, even as a rump republic?

Now, I know legitimately nothing about 19th century American politics, but what I have been doing is reading Caro's Path to Power, and I'm extremely curious. So, how about it? Could it survive, even for a couple decades before being absorbed into the US?
  5. K

Ed Balls

Ed Balls
  6. K

WI: Immediate Effects of Soviet Europe After WW2?

Could the classic althist trope of Soviet Europe after WW2 even happen? What would be the immediate domestic effects on France, Germany, Italy etc? Would the borders be changed? And would possible invasions of Spain, Portugal, etc. be on the table? Apologies if this question has been asked...
  7. K

Could Michael Heseltine have saved the Mersey for the Tories?

Currently reading Michael Crick's Michael Heseltine, a lovely biography of the man, and he had a chapter on Heseltine's trips to Liverpool and his various struggles with the Metropolitan Councils and his looks into the racism and poverty affecting the region in the 1980's. But the specific...
  8. K

Kimkatya's Kalamitous Kavern Kontaining Krap Kontent

I’m starting a thread because I want to become good at this shit and also to dump my nonsense. Starting with this piece of literal nonsense, I suppose.
  9. K

WI: So I was reading a book about the first few years of the Blair admin...

(Sorry about the title, I just didn't know how to fit the context into it.) I stumbled upon this quote: Now, obviously, this didn't happen, Ken was wrong, as he commonly is, and Blair resigned years later. But what if Ken was right? After constructing a brief leader list which i was...
  10. K

WI: Blair loses the popular vote but is within ten seats of a majority in 2005?

So I was playing around with Electoral Calculus based on an outlier poll from late September 2003, with LAB 31%, CON 32% and LIB 30%. This came up with Blair within ten seats of a majority as can be seen here...
Back