• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. J

Industrialising Roman Empire?

This is a bit of a broad question so feel free to ask for further clarification. But this was prompted by my recently reading some of Bruce Timin's work on the ancient Roman economy, in particular one article from 2006 where he basically estimated that the Roman GDP per capita in the mid-2nd...
  2. J

Irish Home Rule succeeds

One of the thorniest issues in British politics from the late 19th century was that of Irish Home Rule. I think about it quite a lot and have never fully come round to a scenario where it works out. Here are the two I think are most plausible: The Phoenix Park murders are butterflied away...
  3. J

Can Austria-Hungary actually survive?

This is a bit of a strongly worded question but really I was asking if anyone knows of a scenario where, with a post-1867 POD, Austria-Hungary survives either to the present day or at least until the end of the 20th century. It strikes me that it probably is possible but I've not seen a good TL...
Back