• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. SpudNutimus

Overdone tropes you actually enjoy?

What are some overdone tropes and bits of alternate history which you think actually deserve to be as popular as they are? Concepts which are commonly seen in amateur work but nonetheless still valuable on their own at face value without too much additional subversion or finicking. I'll start...
  2. SpudNutimus

Silly AHC: Han (Chinese) and Hän (Native American)

Create a location in which the two largest ethnic groups are Han (Chinese) people and Hän (Native American) people as of 2022.
  3. SpudNutimus

Trumps besides Trump

Many people wish to believe that the presidency of Donald John Trump Jr. was an unforeseeable fluke, a happenstance conjunction of all the worst possible circumstances in American politics coming together to cause an unprecedented whirlwind of chaos at the highest levels of government within the...
  4. SpudNutimus

AHC: Prevent the Kowloon Walled City from being torn down

Have the Kowloon Walled City not be torn down up to the modern day with a PoD after around 1950 or so.
  5. SpudNutimus

Death of Dixie (Graphics Dump)

So a while back I attempted to start a timeline here called Death of Dixie, in which the Confederacy wins the American Civil War and becomes an independent nation but then utterly collapses within the next two decades (a scenario which has admittedly been done before but which I wanted to try my...
  6. SpudNutimus

Benito Juárez dies in 1870, resulting in an early Porfiriato

In October of 1870, Mexican President Benito Juárez suffered a major stroke but ultimately recovered and decided to run for re-election to the presidency in the upcoming 1871 election. The 1871 election was contested by Porfirio Díaz, who ran on a platform opposing Juárez ostensibly on the...
  7. SpudNutimus

Confederate offensive to Baltimore without the capture of Order 191?

So, to preface this, I know essentially nothing about military tactics. I've spent several years reading up on the economic, social, and political aspects of the Civil War and Reconstruction era to the point that I feel confident writing about its peacetime consequences, but to be frank, I know...
  8. SpudNutimus

A better way to embed large images?

The file size limit on this forum is, to be frank, very small. I understand that increasing the limit itself would be troublesome, but the problem is compounded by the lack of a way to effectively embed large images on the forum from image hosting sites either, leaving no real way to post very...
  9. SpudNutimus

The U.S. flag in a Confederate victory scenario

This is a fairly obvious question to ask that I've kinda thought about before considering how many Civil War-related timelines I do, but have surprisingly never really needed to answer for any of them, and have never really seen anyone else satisfactorily answer or even bring up in any...
  10. SpudNutimus

Hub for things what eyes make looking yes?

This forum seriously needs a general hub thread for people to casually post maps and graphics in that everyone can scroll through without having to go through everyone's personal threads one by one. All of the other communal graphics threads on this forum have been dead for ages. I know that a...
  11. SpudNutimus

Crypto, but as a tankie thing

I'm having a Biaggi-level idea but I don't have the energy to do it so whoever is reading this just feel free to take it and do whatever you want. What if Crypto and NFTs but they're started by like, a hard leftist/tankie group of grifters instead of a libertarian one and the whole "blockchain...
  12. SpudNutimus

Alternate Consoles, Gaming, and Computers

A thread for all alternate history brainstorming relating to the history of consoles, video gaming, and related technologies since I feel like a lot of people probably have pent-up ideas for this sort of thing. I'll start with a blursed idea for a timeline I had today: Texas Instruments, best...
  13. SpudNutimus

AHC: First human lunar landing by a country other than the USA, USSR, or Germany with a POD after August 31, 1939

Have a country other than the USA, USSR, or Germany land a living human on the moon first with a point of divergence after the start of WW2. To be clear you can't get around the requirements by just changing the government of one of these countries, so for example the Russian Federation still...
  14. SpudNutimus

Help with Colorado River megaprojects?

So, to make it short, I'm trying to develop this very ASB robot uprising vignette into a more fleshed-out setting. To sum it up, the general premise is that Charles Babbage's analytical engine design receives additional funding and is completed in 1847, resulting in general-purpose mechanical...
  15. SpudNutimus

How to remove a poll from the head of a thread?

I made a poll on my personal thread like a month ago which has since ended, now I don't know how to remove it.
  16. SpudNutimus

AHC: Make a city in the Deep South larger than NYC with a POD after the Louisiana Purchase

Whether you do this by making the city itself larger, NYC smaller, or both is up to you.
  17. SpudNutimus

Extremely minor "signature" tropes you enjoy?

What are some extremely minor, secondary to any given timeline tropes that you like to throw into a given world just because you enjoy them rather than any particular relation to the timeline? Almost a small signature that you like to leave in a given world that doesn't actually affect very much...
  18. SpudNutimus

Has the grey mode UI just changed so that certain boxes are blue instead of black for anyone else?

Doesn't seem to be impacting functionality at all, but a bunch of previously grey backgrounds on the grey version of the forum UI have just turned blue for me.
  19. SpudNutimus

Self-threadban request?

Could I just be voluntarily threadbanned from the US politics thread of my own volition? Sounds kinda weird but I just need less domestic politics in my life for the sake of my mental health to be frank and don't want the temptation to doomscroll or panic post there. Thanks.
  20. SpudNutimus

Weirdest microstates possible?

What is the most utterly fucking weird justification for the existence of a random microstate you can possibly think of? Something so completely out of left field or strangely legalistic in nature that you just laugh at it out of pity. To be clear I mean actually recognized microstates, things...
Back