• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. Y

Mundial: An alternative history of the Football World Cup

I really don't know anyone who would like them? It must be miserable for the teams involved having to go "Well we'll see if we make it I guess? I think we had a pretty good performance despite being 3rd" and the organisers have to waste valuable time that could be used swimming in their money...
  2. Y

Congratulations to Argentina and Germany for joining the 100 goal club. Mexico has once more staved off joining the 100 goals conceded club. Algeria and Cameroon both had great debuts.
  3. Y

This is what threw me off, Somehow didn't realise that this contradicted the results when I was confirming the results.
  4. Y

I am not looking forward to when wins becomes 3 points. I was going to say South Africa is one of the best debutants in history, but actually they're part of a sizable group that managed to get 2 points (joining Wales, Morocco, Ireland Republic, Poland, Soviets and the Netherlands), and...
  5. Y

Fun details: - Germany and Argentina cross 80 goals, barely. - The US continues sliding down, as god intended - Argentina joins Brazil and Mexico as the only countries to conceded 50+ goals. Also, meaningless as it is, Top of the Table per year: 1930 - Uruguay 1934 - Argentina 1938 -...
  6. Y

For Group 1: Yugoslavia is listed as having 2 draws (Spain, Scotland), and a win. This would put them on four points to Spain's 5 points (Scotland, Haiti wins, Draw with Yugo)
  7. Y

So, having done the table finally: - Hungary joins the 60 goal club, joining Brazil, Uruguay, Germany and Argentina - Germany and Argentina both cross 70 goals scored - Hércules Brito's header in the final was Brazil's 100th goal scored at the World Cup Also, meaningless as it is, Top of the...
  8. Y

Argentina just scores the one goal to look somewhat respectable?
  9. Y

Slightly better than reality, then. That's good. And in the Bundesliga before 1964 is also good.
  10. Y

How's Bayern doing this TL?
  11. Y

Thanks. In checking that I did factor that in for Brazil (but not poland, probably because I lost where I was when changing my record keeping), I noticed that the text says Brazil won the 1938 third place "because of a hat trick to overturn a 2 goal deficit", but the "results" section lists it...
  12. Y

Said "too much time to spend" project is an all-time table, inspired by (many other All-time tables), featuring the usual rules like "Knockout games going to Extra Time are listed as Draws" etc. Did them Cup by Cup, Something rather amusing is seeing the rise and fall of certain teams (United...
  13. Y

So because I have way too much free time apparently, I'm working on something and have two questions The text for 1934 says that Argentina won their match in 1934 vs Czechoslovakia 2-0, but the section below listing the fixtures says it was just 1-0. Also, what's the (theoretical) tiebreakers...
  14. Y

Been keeping track of the top 4 teams each year, thus far we have never had a rematch of previous finalists as the final (Unless I'm wrong about 1930 being Uruguay-Argentina) So Far Argentina is probably the most "misery" team, closely followed by Hungary and Sweden. Hungary's been prolific but...
  15. Y

Hyperlinks Don't Stand Out

The Preview Button and Stuff in the header are still yellow. Go Team blue, (because I like blue :D)
Back