• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. O

Kimkatya's Kalamitous Kavern Kontaining Krap Kontent

What did it mean by this :unsure:
  2. O

Meppo's Electoral Molehill

Is Tuleyev still a Muslim as president or does he convert?
  3. O

AndrewH's Test Thread

This works so well
  4. O

Nothing but Schadenfreude: A Test Thread

Gore still can't win Tennessee 🤣
  5. O

The thought of someone in 2024 seeing Zyuganov as enough of a threat to kill him is hilarious
  6. O

Boris Johnson loses his seat... in 2017

This has to be good news for Farage and the Brexit Party in 2019.
  7. O

Wagner Group in Venezuela is such an insane thought (yet not one too far out from reality)
  8. O

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Prime Ministers of Italy 2001 - 2013: Silvio Berlusconi (Forza Italia) 2001 (Majority — House of Freedoms) def. Francesco Rutelli (The Daisy — The Olive Tree), Fausto Bertinotti (Communist Refoundation) 2006 (Majority — House of Freedoms) def. Romano Prodi (The Olive Tree — The Union) 2007...
  9. O

What would a successful May 1968 look like?

That was definitely not out of reach: Ambassador Sargent Shriver predicted De Gaulle would resign and Mitterrand would win, which he saw as a W for the Americans by putting a more reliable ally in charge.
  10. O

An extension of my wikibox with May 1968 as the French Revolution Presidents of the French Sixth Republic (1968 - 1972) 1968 - 1968: Gaston Monnerville (PRRRS) 1968: Monnerville becomes acting president, appoints PMF as Prime Minister, formation of Sixth Republic 1968 - 1972: François...
  11. O

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Student Radicals as the Montagnards Mainstream Left as the Maraisards Communists as the Girondists
  12. O

What would a successful May 1968 look like?

I would highly recommend reading this Jstor article How Civil War Was Avoided in France, which details how the actions and inactions of De Gaulle, the PCF, the student left, military, and police (among others) contributed to De Gaulle’s survival. These two paragraphs citing opinion polling are...
  13. O

Biaggi’s Second Opium Den

Got to be 1977, rise of punk, the birth of disco with "I Feel Love," Low and Heroes, Trans-Europe Express, The Idiot, Rumors, Animals, My Aim is True...come on man
  14. O

Need to see this election fleshed out
  15. O

Biaggi’s Other Opium Den

Staying quiet during this discussion bc I know Biaggi will put For Your Pleasure on his 1970s list bc of Amanda Lear being on the album cover
  16. O

Biaggi’s Other Opium Den

This mfer did not 🤣 On that Oppo lockdown 2020 beat
  17. O

Biaggi’s Other Opium Den

Welsh excellence 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
  18. O

Biaggi’s Other Opium Den

repressed?
  19. O

Biaggi’s Other Opium Den

Best Presidents of the United States Ranked 1961-Present 1. Ralph Nader 2. Richard Nixon 3. James Woods 4. 5. Stuart Symington 6. 7. 8. Dave McCurdy 9. 10. Lowell Weicker 11. 12. Norm Coleman Best Chancellors of West Germany Ranked 1960-Present: 1. Norbert Blüm 2. 3. 4. Willy Brandt 5. Rainer...
  20. O

Biaggi’s Other Opium Den

Wow apparently now Queen Elizabeth II is accused of taking donations from the Korean Unification Church 😔
Back