• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. J

Did Pre-Modern People Die At An Earlier Age?

As I parent & an eldest brother who helped raise my youngest siblings, I always find the phrase "it takes a community" to be too oversimplified. Yes, a community does need to be involved (extended family preferable as well). But that shouldn't belittle the important of the parents (biological...
  2. J

Did Pre-Modern People Die At An Earlier Age?

I really wanted to do a scenario, for this but everything I thought of felt like "butterfly geocide" just because of how much changes. Granted I was trying to stick to a very hard style of alternate history that most stories wouldn't have to. Makes me wonder how those people would react to...
  3. J

Alternate Antarcticas

Any word on if this project is going forward? I haven't heard anything.
  4. J

New Editor Speaks.

Congratulations! If I ever get my schedule into something that resembles a schedule, I may actually start work on an article. I've had an idea for one for years, but still haven't done anything with it...
  5. J

Alternate Antarcticas

Perfect timing, I just recently finished my other project! Do you think we should post our concept here when we get one?
  6. J

Effects of Expanded French Policy of "Transportation" to Quebec, or Other Colonies?

It is not a deal breaker, but this would have to change how the king wanted Quebec to develop. What Quebec was supposed to be was a model of the perfect society. That's one reason why Protestants were banned from settling there (of course there were many others). Why there was so few higher...
  7. J

Non-SLP Writing Opportunities

I don't know if I will be able to participate in any of these ones, but I will be watching this thread intently.
  8. J

What if the Aroostook War had become an actual war?

Well, I might be living in New Brunswick instead of Maine right now 🤪. On a more serious answer I think it depends on what "sparked" the war. Neither side was really interested in another conflict. Despite both countries claiming victory in the War of 1812 neither wanted a repeat of it.
  9. J

A Stronger Second Coalition

I think this would depend on why the Spanish don't sign/are they hostile to the republic before the war. The change is not a hard one to make, but I think whatever made the change is very important.
  10. J

It could have, especially if Napoleon still attempts the Syrian invasion (thought that is significantly less likely). I think it would mostly depend on who the republic puts where. The thing is France had a very good track record of fight all of Europe at once, a large part due to its large...
  11. J

If Spain doesn't sign the Second Treaty of San Ildefonso many things change for France, even if they didn't publicly ally with any of the Second Coalition powers until after the war starts. France would be looking at its age old problem of being surrounded by possible enemies. If the National...
Back