• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. Y

Syndicalist Ireland: points of divergence and sources

Hello Chums! I'm starting the process for my alternate Ireland story: Syndicalist Ireland! I have a start on sources about social revolution in Ireland (the last big shot at that in the timeframe I'm looking at was the IRA-Civil war, in the form of the Anti-Treatyites largely having the...
  2. Y

Alternate History Campaign: Roman Vampire Homebrew

Hey Everyone! I've been away a good long while. However, while I'm working on some alternate history articles for the mid-future (Mamluk sultanate!), I'm working on an interconnected series of homebrew one shots set in an undead Roman empire. This may include settings like: -Independent...
  3. Y

Anyone want some Stoker alternate history? Also Dracula as a Crab.

So my short story "The Crustacean Count" got picked up by a local theater production for a reading on October 30th. It's the mostly true (I swear, the Rosenbach Library in Philadelphia keeps all of Stoker's weird shit sealed away and I was lucky enough to get a look for a few days with paper and...
  4. Y

Hey kids, want a seven part series on Ukrainian anarchist Nestor Makhno?

I've got some primo history work for you wonderful guys. I'm working on a Seven Part Series on Nestor Makhno (Ukrainian anarchist, writer, war-leader and general pain in Trotsky's ass, which means he is ok in my book) with the help of Sewer Rats Productions. Facebook page for links to the...
  5. Y

The What-ifs of the 3rd Crusade (and Ironheart)

The 3rd Crusade was a weird one but still one of the most famous of the European fumbling in the Levant. It has the big names--Richard III, Saladin, Rashid Ad-Dinan Sinan of the Naziri...it could have broken any number of ways other than the treaty at Jaffa (the establishment of the island of...
  6. Y

Boxing History POD: Jack Johnson trains Jersey Joe Walcott (1941)

I'm not much of a pugilist, but I do find the history of boxing fascinating. In particular, two of boxing's greatest legends--Jack Johnson, the first African-American to break the color-line and become world heavyweight champion, and Jersey Joe Walcott of Camden, New Jersey. Both were fantastic...
  7. Y

Cruel Optimism and Points of Diversion

So I'm reading a book by Lauren Berlant called Cruel Optimism. The idea behind the title, the core concept, can be easily explained with this quote: "A relation of cruel optimism exists when something you desire is actually an obstacle to your flourishing. It might involve food, or a kind of...
  8. Y

Constantinople: Conquered in 1402!

Hey guys, this is my first thread, so I'm a little nervous. I'm pondering the imponderables and a scenario flashed across my brain. What if Bayezid I managed to take Constantinople instead of rushing off to battle Timur the Lame at Ankara in 1402? His disastrous defeat at Ankara opened up the...
Back