• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. T

I almost changed it because it was too similar in that regard, but it stemmed from how my...

I almost changed it because it was too similar in that regard, but it stemmed from how my work-tired brain attempted to frame a question to @Artaxerxes about his job
  2. T

Callan's Graphics and Things

Very true. On reflection I think I've been able to focus on writing more as the years go on mainly because I've never learned more advanced graphics programmes so it becomes easier to just write than trying to make wikiboxes or maps (whereas 15 years ago it was acceptable to do those in MSPaint...
  3. T

"Are you now a museum?" the inspector asked casually as he took a puff on his lit chipolata

"Are you now a museum?" the inspector asked casually as he took a puff on his lit chipolata
  4. T

WI: Ken Livingstone wins the 2012 London Mayoral election

Wouldn't he face public pressure to run every time a by-election comes up like Farage did for UKIP? (not that it stopped them in that case, of course). Sort of 'if you're criticising the Government's policy on XYZ then why aren't you trying to get back in to do better'?
  5. T

Then there's the possibility of Eastleigh... Very good point - and also if Ken L has gone mad by this point it might tar Corbyn by association.
  6. T

It just occurred to me - if Boris was defeated he'd probably try to make it back into Parliament ASAP. Assuming things go as OTL, his first opportunity to do so would be the Corby by-election in November 2012 when Louise Mensch left - OTL Labour (temporarily) won that, but could Boris hold it...
  7. T

No, at that point they're locked in. Of course it was Common Knowledge among us in the thread that Obviously they'd do something like pack Clegg off to a non-job in Europe and then dramatically break the coalition in 2014 to try to escape its toxic legacy - which was going to happen until it...
  8. T

I think the immediate fallout would be that the Tories wouldn't have a figleaf for the 2012 local election rounds so it would be universally a Labour win - paired with the big Labour gains in the English councils and also the SNP damp-squibbing in Glasgow (in particular) at the same time. I...
  9. T

Alternate Terminology: Rosettes, Cockades and Revolutionary Flags

That's odd because I've heard the CDU's black as being derivative of "Zentrum black". And also the modern Zentrum logo uses blue, not yellow.
  10. T

The British Empire in the aftermath of defeat in 1918

I'd say that comes with the very slight caveat that intervention by an external force might have kept them alive a bit longer--but it's hard to see anyone with incentive to do so. I suppose you could imagine in a CP victory scenario Germany wanting to prop up A-H out of stability but nobody had...
  11. T

Chains of Consequences: How the Principle of Habeas Corpus comes from a Seventeenth Century Fat Joke

You'll also note I got in a reference to acid baths just to make @Skinny87 happy.
  12. T

Indeed, that's not a necessary corollary but it could certainly happen.
  13. T

Good point that it would likely lead to further sectarianism elsewhere - one can imagine a (bigger) backlash against Quebec in Canada as well perhaps.
  14. T

I always thought it would be "interesting" to have a scenario where Germany has defeated France and Russia and the BEF are evacuated, but Germany can't really do anything directly to the UK other than zeppelins 'n' HSF raids, and though victorious the German populace is as hungry and mutinous by...
  15. T

Mazda's Maps and Mwikiboxes

If bolded means the parties comprising a coalition...2016 looks, ah, interesting.
  16. T

The Write Stuff: Writing a Wrong

A very important question. LTTW is my main experience with this because it goes on so long and people will spot issues with early parts later on. I tend towards trying to do in-universe justifications for dodgy things rather than changing them because the latter feels cheap, though sometimes I...
  17. T

Alex's Comissions and Maps Thread

Missed this before - yes I think that works well as a theatre map. Maybe with a little inset with a (very simple) NA map and a square showing what area this corresponds to.
  18. T

Bring on z'meegs

Bring on z'meegs
  19. T

Alternate Terminology: Rosettes, Cockades and Revolutionary Flags

Thanks to @Meadow for sort-of suggesting this one when I did the political party names one.
  20. T

Consequences in Alternate History: Whither the Weather

I just re-read that part and now I'm wondering if saying 'instantly' conflicts with the idea of information propagating at lightspeed. Has anyone ever brought that up with regards to the many-worlds interpretation? Granted, it would be rather difficult to test!