• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. AndyC

Review - Alternate History Shorts: Tulip House (Paul van Rompaye) and Sons of York (Ade Grant)

Discuss @Skinny87 's latest review(s) here
  2. AndyC

Popular Culture Without... Star Wars

Just to mention: Ryan and I would like this to become a multi-author series. If anyone has a good idea for a series entry, please feel free to write and submit it.
  3. AndyC

Popular Culture Without... Star Wars

Discuss @RyanF 's latest article here
  4. AndyC

Pods of the Thirty Years War: III

Discuss @Alex Richards latest article here
  5. AndyC

Lord of the Reams: How a Paper Shortage Created Modern Fantasy

Discuss @Thande 's latest article here
  6. AndyC

The Sporting Life: Say It Ain’t So, Joe.

Discuss @David Flin 's latest article here
  7. AndyC

First Chapters: Tippecanoe and Wallace Too

Discuss the first chapter of @Alex Richards 's book Tippecanoe and Wallace Too here
  8. AndyC

Airships: Part Two - Military Airships

I've been thinking - it may be a bit too technical, but to aid authors using airships, maybe I should do an article with a (very) brief overview (almost a bluffers guide) to air navigation, air meteorology, and stuff like how to identify the inversion layer (and the difference above an below...
  9. AndyC

Airships: Part Two - Military Airships

Discuss the latest article by @AndyC here
  10. AndyC

A classic AH question: Could Germany have won the Battle of Britain?

The very short answer is that without the switch of emphasis by the Luftwaffe, the RAF might abandon the 11 Gp airfields and fall back to the Midlands airfields. From where they would continue harassing the Luftwaffe as they came in. The range/loiter-time disadvantage the Luftwaffe had would be...
  11. AndyC

Other Ideologies: Humanism

That's a good idea. Give me a few days to sort it out. However, on the SLP page itself, just under the header, all the authors and series titles can be clicked on to present bingeable lists of each individual series or articles by that particular author, which may help for now.
  12. AndyC

That's all down to David - he supplied all the picture links and attributions :)
  13. AndyC

Discuss @Uhura's Mazda 's latest article here
  14. AndyC

Ryan's Reviews: Fatherland, by Robert Harris

Discuss @RyanF 's latest review here
  15. AndyC

The Write Stuff: Arc de Triomphe - Character Arcs

Of course, if you mess up a character arc - say, undoing an existing arc with no explanation, or jarringly leap off the arc to somewhere completely different for the character - the reader (or viewer) will feel betrayed. No reason for saying that, though. #GameOfThrones.
  16. AndyC

The Write Stuff: Arc de Triomphe - Character Arcs

17. AndyC

Alternate Terminologies: Elementary, my Dear Mendeleyev

Discuss @Thande 's latest article here.
  18. AndyC

Going Over The Top: A Delayed Start

19. AndyC

Vignette Sunday: Rendezvous, by Max Johansson

Discuss @Ares96 vignette here
  20. AndyC

Serial Saturday: Down South in the Service of the Queen - Chapter the Second

Discuss chapter two of @David Flin 's serial story here