• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. V

Biaggi’s Other Opium Den

@gentleman biaggi This you?
  2. V

Veridian's Vhread

concept: horror wikiboxes
  3. V

Veridian's Vhread

1968 United States Presidential Election Senator George S. McGovern (Democratic-SD) / Senator Abraham A. Ribicoff (Democratic-CT) | 298 EVs | 22 states + D.C. Senator Barry M. Goldwater (Republican-AZ) / Representative Gerald R. Ford, Jr. (Republican-MI) | 240 EVs | 28 states
  4. V

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Barry Jr. continues to be my fav New Right candidate to piss off the right - he makes for such a more interesting Jack Kemp than Jack Kemp.
  5. V

Veridian's Vhread

Stealing a page from a friend, now campaign buttons are my new thing. Ordered a Gene '68, Nixon '72 and McGovern '72. Just look at it.
  6. V

Veridian's Vhread

Speaking of Litton and Wendy, I really need to get around to posting again on that Hipster Politicians thread I started ages ago.
  7. V

Veridian's Vhread

Pretty much. I was thinking a Carnahan parallel, obviously with a happier ending. There's a certain bittersweetness to the idea of Sherri picking up the torch - the Littons' demise occupies my mind much more than it should.
  8. V

Veridian's Vhread

Idea: Senator Jerry Litton perishes in a plane crash all the same as OTL, but as he runs for President or reelection. Sharon - or Sherri - Litton is appointed in his stead, and being the activist she was carves a legacy in her own right (the Littons were a very tightly knit family, she even...
  9. V

Veridian's Vhread

The Ballad of Spendy Wendy or: A Study in Accidental Parallelism 39. 1981 - 1985 | Former Governor Wendell R. "Wendy" Anderson (Democratic-MN) / Senator Adlai E. Stevenson III (Democratic-IL) d. '80 | Vice President Robert J. "Bob" Dole (Republican-KS) / Mayor Vincent A. "Buddy" Cianci...
  10. V

Veridian's Vhread

Time Enough, resident Fred Harris stan
  11. V

Veridian's Vhread

i was reading up on Mickey Leland since i was always a touch skeptical of him being portrayed as a progressive populist (turns out he really was) and it hit me that he would've been an ideal candidate for the left edges of the Democrats around now. man even learned Spanish for his constituents...
  12. V

Veridian's Vhread

I HATE SELF-INDULGENT ALTERNATE HISTORY I HATE CONVERGENCE I HATE SELF-INDULGENT ALTERNATE HISTORY I HATE Representative George T. "Mickey" Leland (Democratic-TX) / Senator Tammy S. G. Baldwin (Democratic-WI) | 291 EVs | 24 states + D.C. + NE-02 President Donald J. Trump (Republican-FL) / Vice...
  13. V

Alternate Wikibox Thread

was reminded of you when we were workshopping it :P i love Bullock - such a fascinating man in a Johnsonian way
  14. V

Alternate Wikibox Thread

worked on by @Kanan and myself for her timeline, These Fair Shores
  15. V

Veridian's Vhread

16. V

Veridian's Vhread

just realized i made an error w/ Hawaii’s electors on the map fml
  17. V

Bremmer shoots Nixon

was planning on responding with a suggestion of Laird for VP at some point. in between his Nixon administration cred, foreign policy chops and past prominence in + connections with the congressional GOP, he always struck me as the natural #2 for the GOP to send up all the while they sharpen...
  18. V

Veridian's Vhread

"We know that this election is about the kind of America we will live in and the kind of America we will leave to future generations." - Mitt Romney "None of us can be satisfied with the status quo. Not by a long shot." - Hillary Clinton "What are some principles worth living by? Ask a roomful...
  19. V

Veridian's Vhread

Bell really does fascinate me - especially how he was never able to translate his charisma and stature in the CAGOP into electoral success beyond his SoCal district. he could've easily gone so much further were it not for that. no spoilers - but i'm totally having him run as the liberal...