• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. R

Least favorite alt-history story?

Imagine a version of Wikipedia founded by people convinced they're too cool for Wikipedia.
  2. R

@Charles EP M., suggestion for a future Vignette Challenge - pick any essay from one of the three What If? collections and do a vignette based on the idea.
  3. R

Was it maybe Gingrich?
  4. R

What Ifs? of American History was actually the best, by which I mean about a quarter of the essays printed were engaging and dealt with the actual changes and consequences that the title advertised with maybe about another two that posed good questions and setup interesting changes but did...
  5. R

Scenes We'd Like To See: Alternate Movies, Television & Other Pop Culture Miscellanea

Random thought that occurred this week - if Al Gore had become President after the 2000 election he probably would have guest starred on The Simpsons as himself whilst in office.
  6. R

Independent Ulster following WW2?

Even if all those things happen the US has another ready made forward base on the island of Ireland one they'd be happy to see Northern Ireland incorporated into. Unionists can go to Canada or Rhodesia or Kenya with the Brits.
  7. R

Independent Ulster following WW2?

So low not even Hermes Conrad could limbo under it. The War played such a central role in the Northern Irish identity (the Protestant, Unionist one anyway) that election candidates included their military rank on the ballot papers well into the 1960s - PM Terence O'Neill was sometimes just...
  8. R

Vast and Cool and Unsympathetic: 'The War of the Worlds' in Alternate History

I was very fond of Hob's Lane Overhead station.
  9. R

Now I'm reminded of The Indestructible Man.
  10. R

That sort of thing has always given it an extra layer of enjoyment, like the Martian in Scarlet Traces being recovered by the militia in Walmington-on-Sea. Or the cameos from the Silurians and Sea Devils on a mural in The Great Game.
  11. R

Laboratories of Democracy: Alternate State Legislatures

Been looking back through these today to see how America might look with democracy.
  12. R

As much as I like both the original comics can't deny The Great Game has massive "This sure is a lot like Iraq is going to be like" energy.
  13. R

Just in time for Steampunk month in the vignette challenge!
  14. R

Scenes We'd Like To See: Alternate Movies, Television & Other Pop Culture Miscellanea

He turned down Charlie Sheen's role in Platoon because of the violence.
  15. R

My favourite alternate Gandalf remains Tom Baker; who likewise turned it down because of the travel and time commitments.
  16. R

Worthwhile considering some of the films Sean Connery turned down or missed out on since there are a lot of them. He was invited to reprise the role of Bond for both On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Live and Let Die, and really in both instances I think its probably for the best we got...
  17. R

Threadmarks

Every dog has its day.
  18. R

Threadmarks

Susan?
  19. R

Unbuilt Los Angeles

In some universe there's all that plus the monorail. Lucky buggers.