• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. M

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Would much love to. Though of course, you do understand how my creative process works:
  2. M

I would like to do a follow up on this one some day, but I simply do not know enough about the period that follows afterward to be able to properly figure it out. I do have in mind that there is a Unionist from Norway by the name of Norvald Espensen who serves as Chancery President on three...
  3. M

Allohistorical Victorian Spacepunk

Okay! Good! I would suggest then that you begin by looking into rocketry a little. Have a look at how it developed. Sure, you can have a look at the big names and all that, but I am strongly of the opinion that the beauty of world-building when it comes to science fiction is the ideas and...
  4. M

Okay, so, what is your basic idea for how these Victorian astronauts get to the moon? Rocketry, or...?
  5. M

Okay. So what kind of a world is this? What is their level of technology? What kind of stuff can you find in it, for instance?
  6. M

And the whole getting a man on the moon is going to be central to the story then, or just something that is happening in the periphery?
  7. M

I'm going to need a little bit more information as to what exactly it is you have in mind, because this is a very, very broad question. Are we looking at a Look to the West-like story where the development of history from 1751 to 1901 is the plot? Do you just want a rough sketch for a backdrop...
  8. M

Makemakean Does Various Graphical Things!

I really have fallen in love with Arthur and Frederikke. They're such a cute couple.
  9. M

Lee Harvey Oswald is innocent of the murder of JFK, and he really just was a patsy and framed for the killing. He does however manage to escape from prison, gets a whole new identity, tries to make it work, only to be framed for the killing of RFK. He escapes again, and once more finds himself...
  10. M

SLP 'Telephone' Maps and Graphics Game 2

Well that was a fun ride! We should do another one of these in a months' time or so.
  11. M

And as for that thirty-two county Irish state?
  12. M

Heh! The very moment I saw @Meadow's graphic, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. The image and backstory formed right there and then in my head. I was actually kind of worried for a second once it became apparent that Tom shouldn't have sent it to me that you would take it away from...
  13. M

I'll never quite understand your ability to produce such detailed professional maps in such a short time. I imagine that you've already got countless base maps just laying around from other projects, but... one for every occasion? How is this possible? I was kind dounted last time around because...
  14. M

Least favorite alt-history story?

"Well, I mean, there were the rumours of course, but we all assumed that they were false. After all, if they were true, someone would come forward, surely? Then of course, it turned out that those rumours were all false. The skeletons that the man actually had in his closet were, err-... well...
  15. M

I actually spent some time looking at actual Taiwanese caricatures of Chiang Ching-kuo, just to make sure that what I ended up drawing wouldn't look too racist. I feel I managed reasonably well, but to be blunt, I always feel concerned when I try to draw cartoons of non-white people.
  16. M

AND AFTER ALL THIS TIME I CAN PROUDLY POST MY MASTERPIECE!!! :D Okay, so, what did I know? Well, apparently the Nationalists somehow persevered in the Middle Kingdom, and the Republic of China is no mere island off the coast of Fujian. They’ve also decided to keep Beiping as the name of the...
  17. M

I don't quite think you understand how narcissistic I am, Alex. I need him to post so I can post my own!
  18. M

@Meadow you're up!
  19. M

Election maps and assorted others

The alternative theory is that this is still an era when horse trading between individual representatives in the legislature still is the main venue through which government policy is shaped and implemented, as opposed to "there is a party conference, the agenda is set, then the representatives...
  20. M

Cathode Rays and Young's Double Slit

A friend of mine has this idea that I am not entirely sold on (though I would very much like to converted to with full zeal), and that is that the way quantum theory is thought in universities is completely wrong. In his opinion, one should skip quantum mechanics all together, and move straight...