• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. Y

Africa during the Scramble: The Herero, the Nama and the Germans Part 2

Incidentally @SenatorChickpea the white australian briefly mentioned in the article for joining up with the Nama guerillas in their war of venegnce after the Herero genocide was named Edward Presgrave. He'd come to Africa as part of the recruits for the Second Boer war and just kind of stuck...
  2. Y

Yes, that was largely the point of this. There's been a number of happier Africa timelines and there's essentially two ways to do that if your POD is prior to 1950. You can avoid European colonialism to a much greater extent or you can make European colonialism kinder and the latter tends to be...
  3. Y

Discuss the latest article by @Youngmarshall here
  4. Y

Chains of Consequences: How the Terrible Gas Warfare of World War One Saved Millions of Lives from Cancer

Discuss the latest Article by @Thande here
  5. Y

Alternate History and Pandemics

Discuss the latest article by @AndyC here
  6. Y

Why Write Alternative History?

I was tempted. When I wrote the paragraph about how if the story isn't about what you're changing you should leave it out to avoid the story not having focus I very nearly added 'unless you're Jasper Fforde where the complete lack of focus and various unexplored ideas littering the background is...
  7. Y

The Forum is working fine but I can't seem to get to the rest of the Website

It's back again for me now, too. Looks like a temporary thing. No worries Guys. Never mind.
  8. Y

Seems to be up now @Thande
  9. Y

The Forum is working fine but I can't seem to get to the rest of the Website

Any attempt to get to the articles or books is giving me a timeout. Do we know what's happened here?
  10. Y

In the first sentence I go 'alternative or alternate history' and then use AH for the rest of the article.
  11. Y

Yeah I can't see the front page at all. Not sure what's happened.
  12. Y

Discuss the latest article by @Youngmarshall here.
  13. Y

PODs of the Thirty Years War XXIII

Discuss the latest article by @Alex Richards here
  14. Y

Naval Gazing: The Empire Strikes Back

No idea what you're talking about, Owen. The Editor definitely caught that and changed it before it went live and not just after you mentioned it.
  15. Y

Naval Gazing: The Empire Strikes Back

Discuss the latest article by @Thande here
  16. Y

The Launchbox, PoD 13: The Near Misses of Gemini (Part 1)

Discuss the latest article by @AndyC here
  17. Y

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

That's insanely grim, Sideways. Good but jesus.
  18. Y

The Marvel Age of DC

Discuss the latest article by @Charles EP M. here
  19. Y

Africa during the Scramble: The Herero, the Nama and the Germans Part 1

It'll take me probably more than a year to finish writing all the stories about the Scramble I want to, but the current plan is for the very last article to simply be 'what if just none of this happened' because you're right it 100% didn't really have to.
  20. Y

Africa during the Scramble: The Herero, the Nama and the Germans Part 1

I'm editing part two now and it's so horrifying. Von Francois is the least of it. @Thande, it's not for another two weeks but I'm going to have to ask you to put trigger warnings on it when you link to it on social media. Like most of the articles are about comics and space and world fairs and...