• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. V

Is there an images per post/day limit?

Thanks, both of you!
  2. V

Is there an images per post/day limit?

I have many, many screen caps from a movie I watched and want to start a thread about, but I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many one can include in a post and/or per day. I didn't see anything in the FAQ about it.
  3. V

Arabic speakers, please help! Would House of Cain be Bani Qabil or Banu Qabil?

Arabic speakers, please help! Would House of Cain be Bani Qabil or Banu Qabil?
  4. V

come with me if you want to live

come with me if you want to live
  5. V

Vignette Sunday - Etched in Stone

That was nice and grim for a sunny Sunday morning. Well done, @Kato !
  6. V

[WWII] German territorial administration plans for the East

Looked through my collection and the map is from the Dallin book. I wonder how explicit the source documents are. As for the A-A line, it looks like that was the end goal for Operation Barbarossa, at least: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/F%C3%BChrer_Directive_21
  7. V

That's a good question. As I uploaded this image a few years ago, I can't recall off the top of my head! It's almost certainly either Gerhard Reitlinger's House Built on Sand or Alexander Dallin's German Rule in Russia, 1941-1945 though. I'll look through my copies tomorrow and check.
  8. V

This map might be of possible interest and/or use for Reich Triumphant timelines:
  9. V

Permissibility of fanfic?

Oh, no. I was wondering if it would be okay to post my Terminator story here. Sorry for being vague!
  10. V

Permissibility of fanfic?

What’s the official stance on fanfic? I know some forums steer clear of it for legal reasons. What about here?
  11. V

The Qing fall in the 1850s

Really, all I'm looking for is for China to do better than it did in OTL (via a belated, sort of Meiji type reform) - given how horribly the 20th century went in reality, I don't think better alternatives are that improbable. The outside world, especially the Japanese and Russians, will press in...
  12. V

I think the other rebellions wouldn't last too long here, but the 2nd Opium War would definitely be a huge burden for a new dynasty. I'm inclined to hand wave it away if possible, but I don't know much about it (or the first one, although I am currently reading a book on the subject - it hasn't...
  13. V

Today, the seeds of a new AH story started sprouting in my brain. The basic POD is that during the Taiping Rebellion, the Taiping forces manage to break north and storm Beijing. The Emperor is slain (either by his own hand or by the Taiping - historians differ on the subject in TTL) and his...
  14. V

NEW RELEASES: Three new books for September

Congrats to all the authors!
  15. V

What would 1960s Nazi Germany actually look like?

No, it's all good. Hopefully it leads people to the original article, which is really interesting.
  16. V

::tugs collar:: That one I’m not very proud of for basically taking someone else’s article and changing a few bits. I was youngish and stupider when I did it.
  17. V

Agreed. I think it was Gerhard Weinberg who pointed out the German trend for decades had been for people to leave the east (in this case, East Prussia, Pomerania, etc) for the more economically vital west (Berlin, the Rhine, etc). And these were areas that had had German populations for...
  18. V

Least favorite alt-history story?

Re Turtledove, I think the best (or worst) dichotomy between his short stories and his novels is In the Presence of Mine Enemies. The former is a gut-punch of a concise tale. The latter is a meandering mess with a nonsense notion of a declining Third Reich holding elections (that would happen...
  19. V

Honorary Alternate History

Why wouldn't you do that? You need something for future heroes to punch and then set on fire, right?
  20. V

Least favorite alt-history story?

I did not Sealion her. I did naaaaahhht. Oh hi... uh... dammit, who should be the Mark here? i'm sorry i ruined it