• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Search results

1. J

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

I will fight you for this slight bob But I like the list.
  2. J

Each Dixie boy must understand That he must mind his Uncle Sam

Each Dixie boy must understand That he must mind his Uncle Sam
  3. J

The Qing fall in the 1850s

Just because Marx had racist views on Asian societies doesn't mean he was right.
  4. J

I mean it was about Zeng becoming Emperor and it basically wasn't something I was comfortable with narratively (I didn't want it to be a bunch of White Guy observations) so if anyone can do it better I just wish them the best of luck. And I'm always thrilled to read more China AH.
  5. J

WI: Giuliani gets whacked

Generally the City. Its a movement that shows up every few years in the form, generally of a singular city councilmen who's reelection chances will look terrible that year
  6. J

Posting to remind myself to comment here when I have the time. I have TONS of notes about a planned TL related to this I never acted on.
  7. J

TL-191 question

I appreciate the digging on your part, thanks. No real indication though that that means if was ever intended for the CSA to win, especially considering the overall point of It Can Happen Here of the series. But again, Thanks.
  8. J

Also the strike was due to the fact that his personal student Militia was banned for drunkenness.
  9. J

Its so overexagerated how impactful that stuff was. His closest friendship was with Hawthorne and I mean look at what a slaver piece of shit he was.
  10. J

Confederate Lincoln Reeeeeeee
  11. J

I think the bigger thing is how everyone he listed was someone he had issues with during his career or had issues with his father the Congressmen or were men he blamed for his career in the Corps stalling out.
  12. J

My personal hill I will die on is that Butler made the whole thing up but it's fun and everyone should read @Mumby's Chasing Shadows about it being an actual thing.
  13. J

The March on Washington The Business Plot: An American 23F 1933-1935: Franklin D. Roosevelt / James N. Garner (Democratic) 1932: Herbert C. Hoover / Charles Curtis (Republican) 1.5.1935-1.12.1935: Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr. (Democratic) [Acting] 1.5.1935-1.9.1935: Smedley D. Butler...
  14. J

A brief history of the Skeena and Yukon Railroad

A very fun read, its quite interesting to imagine the knock offs on this in Alaskan and Yukon development.
  15. J

Imagine thinking obsessively making your bed and talking about Lobsters was going to make the...

Imagine thinking obsessively making your bed and talking about Lobsters was going to make the world better
  16. J

Mayor Henry George

Hot Time in the Old Time by Edward P. Kohn is a good read that really covers just how Bryan and other Populists were viewed by Urban Working classes among other stories. Also shows the different ground games between Agrarian Populists and Aristocratic Progressives.
  17. J

New moderator: Redolegna

A wise call, glad he's signed on with the team.
  18. J

Mayor Henry George

I could go on about this at length but in the event that there's a Tammany Stooge on the ticket I'd expect another reform Democratic split that either runs their own man or endorses Roosevelt. Someone remind me tomorrow and I'll offer a more detailed write up about how George can win. I've...
  19. J

Just because someone else has done it doesn't mean you can't. Go for it. Hell every time I look at my old ones I get ideas about redoing some.
  20. J

The Moon Is Red: Apple TV does AH.

Clearly how the Soviets get there isn't that important. The story is what matters, its not going to be some rivet counting AH with 120 minutes of discussion about fuel mixtures, thank God.