• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Alternate Wikibox Thread

NBCs_Peacock_PNG (1).png

"Welcome to Peacock, NBC's online encyclopedia. You have one free article left. What information can we retrieve for you today?"

1972 Election

"There were 50 major elections held in 1972. Which country's election would you like to see?"

The United States

"There were many state and federal elections held in the United States this year. Would you like to see the Presidential Election, the Senate election, the House of Repre-"

Presidential

"Retrieving The 1972 United States Presidential Election"

"... retrieving ..."

"... retrieving ..."

"... retrieving ..."

"A R T I C L E R E T R I E V E D"

"The 1972 United States presidential election was the 47th quadrennial presidential election. It was held on Tuesday, November 7, 1972. Incumbent Republican President Richard Nixon from California defeated the Democratic nominee, former Vice President Hubert Humphrey of Minnesota in an electoral and popular landslide. Nixon's victory in this election remains the largest margin of victory by a Republican Presidential nominee since the 1956 election."

"Would you like to read more information on this topic or view an infographic?"

view graphic

"Loading graphic"

1972 United States Presidential Election.png

"Is this all we can help you with today?"

Yes

"Before you go, would you like to subscribe to Peacock for only $4 a month or make a donation to refill your monthly free articles ?"

No, bitch

"I'm sorry, I was unable to understand that entry. Please reply with yes or no"

No

"Understood. Thank you for using Peacock, NBC's online encyclopedia. Have a wonderful day in your pursuit of knowledge!"

Cool, but I'm confused about Alabama. How did Wallace win the state and the 9 electoral votes if Schmitz is the AIP candidate (and Wallace is mentioned nowhere else)?
Unpledged electors.

The Spanish template doesn't show those under the candidates section at all, and I decided to keep it while adding the 'other candidates' section they have in the 2020 box. It says 10 electoral votes there, 9 for Wallace, 1 for Hospers and points out Wallace in the map key and the map itself while using a lighter purple, rather than the AIP shade

"You know my private opinion of Mr. Adams: Talents, virtues, and integrity, and I am free to declare that I have never changed this opinion of Mr. Adams since it was first formed, I think him a man of the first rate mind of any in America as a civilian and scholar, and I have never doubted of his attachment to our republican Government…[I am] at liberty to say in my name both to my friends and enemies — that I will as far as my influence extends support Mr. Adams unless Mr. Calhoun should be brought forward."

- Andrew Jackson, stating that he would commit to supporting John Quincy Adams for President in 1824 unless John C. Calhoun entered the race, in a personal letter to James Gadsden, December 6, 1821.

dNQ0bYY.png

That's an election all right. Damn you went ham on the microparties.

Rail Not Motorway is tempting, I'll have to admit.

Pretty standard for the PM's constituency. 2017 had Give Me Back My Elmo, Gremloids and The Just Political Party, as well as a couple of more serious minor parties.

The 2020 United States House of Representatives elections were held on November 3, 2020. Elections were held via proportional vote, allotted by Electoral Region to elect representatives from all 435 congressional districts across each of the 50 U.S. states. The existing Moderate-Reform Coalition failed to maintain a majority, and therefore the American Party began negotiations with its fellow members of the Anti-Administration Alliance, the Right-Wing Independence Party, the Center-right Serve America Movement, and the Centrist Modern Whig Party. However, negotiations stalled as Crist’s Whigs had difficulty in finding a compromise with Independence on Social Security.

It seemed like the American Party was on the verge of hammering out a government with a supply and confidence agreement when the 2021 storming of the United States Capitol occurred. In the aftermath Crist backed out of all negotiations with the American Party and the right of government formation fell to the progressive Reform Party. Chairman Garcia extended an offer of supply and confidence to the Whigs, which Crist readily accepted, on the condition someone other than Nancy Pelosi be Speaker of the House for the 117th Congress…

1615259149761.png

Absolutely incredible, David, Sophie Cook has defeated Tim Loughton in East Worthing and Shoreham with a swing of over 15%. Cook is the first transgender MP elected in the history of our country, truly history in the making. A truly remarkable victory, and truly inspiring, I would say. David?
View attachment 34276
View attachment 34275

Misread that as transgender Tsar and my mind went to a very different TL

smokeem.jpeg
I had an idea for a near-future TL a while back. I wrote out the major plot points on my notepad but lost all of it except for one line ("Convinced by pro-corporate lobbyists when they bring up Hunter Biden's data leak, Pres. Biden __ _____ _____") so I have no idea where it would've gone.

I honestly don't like writing these sort of "Workers Uprising" concepts because I feel like it's expected to end with the revolutionaries overthrowing the government, but let's be honest, that's boring as hell. Not to mention I need a much better title.

Back