• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Least favorite alt-history story?

It's only recently I realised syndicalism wasn't something Ed Thomas made up for Fight And Be Right.

It was big in France, particularly before the First World War so it kinda makes sense that in a world where the revolution fails in Russia but succeeds in France that it would get exported worldwide, or at least its nomenclature. Trade Unionism in Britain developed differently to the extent it would struggle to fit but FaBR's Tory democracy changes all that.

Do we know why both series just sort of stopped?

Did @Kato run for the NEC solely so that a more effective Labour campaign could bring key Tory staffers out of government and into the private sector where they'd have the free time to write for Sealion Press?
Given the demographics of this forum I worry that Labour taking power would drain even more of our talent.

What's the worst that could happen? If the Tories flood into the AH community, we'll have a slew of timelines that unthinkingly celebrate empire, the great man view of history, World War II and How We Should Have Won Suez.

No one would notice.
I'm not worried about Tories flooding our community so much as all the Labour members leaving because they got government jobs. That's like 9/10s of our writers.

Did @Kato run for the NEC solely so that a more effective Labour campaign could bring key Tory staffers out of government and into the private sector where they'd have the free time to write for Sealion Press?

I can't possibly flee to the Norfolk coast, not at this time of night.

What's the worst that could happen? If the Tories flood into the AH community, we'll have a slew of timelines that unthinkingly celebrate empire, the great man view of history, World War II and How We Should Have Won Suez.

No one would notice.

I spent a lot of time on the old board arguing against an American nut who was hugely pro-Suez and eventually got banned for saying I was pro genocide because I was anti Iraq war.

I don't think most Tories who are into history give a shit about the empire anymore than the rest of the public does. Of the ones in alternate history I know and can recall, Byzantium, classical antiquity, and 19th century France have been the big areas of interest.

No one would notice.

You forgot insisting African and Asian people are ungrateful because Railroads and Parliaments are more important then centuries of genocide

I don't think most Tories who are into history give a shit about the empire anymore than the rest of the public does. Of the ones in alternate history I know and can recall, Byzantium, classical antiquity, and 19th century France have been the big areas of interest.

Actually, one minor point of difference between this and AHdotcom is that we don't have that peculiar subset of posters bent on a Bourbon Restoration at the POD's drop of a beret.

Actually, one minor point of difference between this and AHdotcom is that we don't have that peculiar subset of posters bent on a Bourbon Restoration at the POD's drop of a beret.

That's not actually what I was thinking of. @Earling

Most of the people who had a hard on for the Empire on the old board were American teaboos. See also the strong Dutch kaisereich fanclub and the biggest Confederate hack being British.

That's not actually what I was thinking of. @Earling

Most of the people who had a hard on for the Empire on the old board were American teaboos. See also the strong Dutch kaisereich fanclub and the biggest Confederate hack being British.

Yeah, I would bet that the Brit Confederatephilia stems from Southern Confederatephiles being too overtly racist to last long on the other place.

Back