• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Drake's Drum

Just finished this today - the Mosley Report that
recommends a bonfire of the colonies, creating a version of semi-decolonisation based on blunt economics and oil demand,
was a very unexpected move!

The report's proposals are half-picked-up and half-dismissed by the government in DD, which I assume means
some of the colonies that aren't economically viable are going to be useful in the rest of the story as much as being a reflection of how reports are followed.

Two warship designs that feature in Drake's Drum. They were designed in our time line but never built. Top: HMS Lion, lead ship of a class of five battleships armed with 9 X 16 inch guns. In OTL four were planned and two were laid down, but wartime shortages and changes in priorities meant neither were ever launched. In Drake's Drum, five are commissioned. Bottom: two designs for heavy cruisers were prepared by the RN in 1938/39. The second was a 15,500 ton ship with 9 X 8 inch guns. None were ever laid down. In the Drake's Drum timeline four are completed and two more cancelled.

Lion 10 marketing.jpg

DD Superb marketing.jpg

Read the recently-released second installment.

I'm impressed with how you handled the invasion of England. A clear and obvious outcome, but you rightfully didn't make it a cakewalk where half the landing craft tip over in the water by themselves.

Archibald Sinclair: Leader of the Liberal Party, 1935 to 1952, Prime Minister of Britain 1941 to 1952. Sinclair is remembered as being the man who guided the country through some of the most turbulent years it endured in the modern era. From being ‘a voice crying in the wilderness’ during the 1930s; his resolute stand against the advocates of appeasement, led him eventually to the highest office in the UK. This poster was widely distributed throughout Britain in the early years of the Second World War and seemed to sum up the nation’s resolve in the face of aggression.

LURS Final 2.jpg

A Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukah, I’m not sure what all the others are, but whatever your special holiday is; I hope you enjoy it and I wish you well.

If you’re bored over the break you could check out the Drake’s Drum website. There are fact files, short stories, photographs and all sorts of other stuff to divert and entertain. I will probably be off the air for a few days, but look forward to getting back at it in the new year with reviews for Six East End Boys, Agent Lavender and Diverge and Conquer.

The Drake's Drum website has been updated. All the Appendices dealing with the world's navies are now posted. Also updated, is the Order of Battle Appendix; all the naval actions that take place in Drake's Drum: The Reckoning are now included, as well as more detailed descriptions of some of the actions that were edited from the main text for the sake of brevity.

Below is the Italian aircraft carrier Falco. She was constructed from the incomplete hull of a Soviet Type 69 battle cruiser, captured at Sevastopol in the summer of 1942.

In the next couple of weeks I will start posting more of the Appendices that deal with land forces.

Falco web.jpg

My job for today - Editing the proof copy of the paperback version of Drake's Drum: The Reckoning​

Coming out soon!

3rnyDAE.jpg

Among the many good covers of the SLP collection, this is definitely one of the best ones.

Generally speaking, it was a clever idea to go for a recognizable style with the cover art, now it's part of the SLP brand.
It's a great credit to Nick, who actually made this one himself in @Lord Roem's excellent style.

Back