• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by TR1996

1. T

WI Ernest Augustus, Duke of Cumberland, King of Hannover dies in the Revolutionary wars

Depending on when Sussex 'bites the bullet' and contracts a suitable marriage, is it possible Kent never bothers and Victoria is never born (e.g. if Sussex has found a suitable bride and procreated a legitimate son prior to Princess Charlotte's death)? That obviously has separate implications...
  2. T

EBOOK RELEASE: The Scottish Anthology

Indeed. Was just being self-deprecating, but thanks for the kind words. I liked your story too.
  3. T

EBOOK RELEASE: The Scottish Anthology

… I guess I’m a published author now? That’s cool. My entry is the worst one, BTW.
  4. T

Interview with Lillith Roberts

The word NationStates has awoken a deeply buried memory for me.
  5. T

Least favorite alt-history story?

Speculating on if murdered children would have been sexy if they grew up, truly the core essence of alternate history.
  6. T

Alternate History General Discussion

Surely the obvious solution is to amalgamate the characters of Marion and Short Round?
  7. T

If Jesus was in Auschwitz, wouldn’t the Nazis have stabbed him a bunch of times so they could duplicate the miraculous properties of the Holy Lance?
  8. T

I have no skin in this fight, being only a recent and intermittent contributor to the vignettes, but I must admit the ''good art comes from tortured people'' idea has always made me pretty uncomfortable.
  9. T

“WI: Tricia Nixon had superpowers”?
  10. T

The Hysteria Problem: Mental Health, Culture and Alternate History

Great article. The extent to which understandings of mental illness can be culturally constructed, often to the detriment of marginalised or disenfranchised groups, is a major fascination of mine. Mental illness and masculinity was the topic of my Honours thesis. One of the figures I...
  11. T

It's been placed in my to watch list, and will probably be reported on in the film thread. But yeah, I very much got Sliding Doors vibes from the preview snippet. On another note, if you search the movie one of the most prominent results is, uh...
  12. T

NEW RELEASES: Alternate Irelands, Australias, Americas and Englands

This is an incredibly exciting line-up that I'll be picking up at the earliest opportunity. I've always quite enjoyed the anthologies; LORAG is of course an incredible work of spectacular scope, research, and imagination; the Chasing Shadows thread has been sitting open on my computer waiting...
  13. T

NEW RELEASES: Alternate Irelands, Australias, Americas and Englands

I, of course, would be keenly interested in a China anthology. Could probably even rouse myself to attempt to contribute.
  14. T

AHC: Anglo-French mutual invasions, wars, alliances, personal unions, or significant general politicking between 486 AD and 1066 AD

Didn't some of the English kingdoms in the SE possibly accept a tributary relationship towards the Merovingians? Is there any possibility for some sort of Frankish punitive expedition to arise out of this?
  15. T

AHC: Anglo-French mutual invasions, wars, alliances, personal unions, or significant general politicking between 486 AD and 1066 AD

I mean... we got Riothamus doing... something? Though that's obviously Briton rather than 'English'.
Back