• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Time Enough

1. T

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

It’s why the Baltic States tried to get the hell out of dodge and why Ukraine kept on laughing at Gorby’s constant attempts to get them in line. Gorby even had to put the referendum with specific wording to essentially rig a result that would be in his favour.
  2. T

Civil War, the movie

From the clips I've seen, the Slow Mo scenes feel very Garlandy, so I can see it. I did enjoyed the saturated colours of Civil War, makes it feel very different from other films about the conflict.
  3. T

Civil War, the movie

As I watched it this evening, I feel like that’s why Alex Garland is probably the best for this kind of thing, given that his style filmmaking is rather detached. Indeed I enjoyed that it allowed the action not to feel showy or ‘yeah boy’, and just make you go “oh, fuck”
  4. T

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

It does explain the DDR's like weird infuriately complex and it's like creepy Stalinist structure
  5. T

AH Run-downs, summaries and general gubbins

Why do I imagine these soldiers looking Eastern German Police in the Early 50s, who looked aggressively like SS officers with Soviet Symbols.
  6. T

Thanks, I’ve seen him appear in a few other lists and timelines but he’s not that prominent. Which is interesting, because well, a Blairite Moderniser who also happens to be a Northern, Former Miner and Trade Unionist provides a very different perspective and image for a Late 90s Britain. I...
  7. T

I must say, the above feels a bit like if took @Callan @Comisario and @AlfieJ and whacked them in a blender and this is the mushy thing that I’ve produced from it.
  8. T

1990 - 1995: John Major (Conservative) [1] 1992 (Majority) def. Neil Kinnock (Labour), Paddy Ashdown (Liberal Democrat) 1995 - 1996: Ian Lang (Conservative Majority) [2] 1996 - 1999: Robin Cook (Labour) [3] 1996 (Majority) def. Ian Lang (Conservative), Paddy Ashdown (Liberal Democrat) 1999 -...
  9. T

Meppo's Electoral Molehill

I understand this, it’s frustrating when you can’t get your way when being creative. Generally I would say, try and do a bit of writing (I know that it’s entirely the point of the thread, but it will help generate ideas). Also reading and all that may help.
  10. T

Kimkatya's Kalamitous Kavern Kontaining Krap Kontent

Top 5 Funniest Presidential Deaths: 5. 4. 3. John Connally 2. Harry Truman 1. Strom Thurmond Dishonorable Mention (Unfunny Death):
  11. T

AH Cooperative Lists Thread

Presidents of the Confederate States: 1861-1867: Jefferson Davis / Alexander Stevens (Nonpartisan) 1867-1873: J. L. M. Curry / Lawrence O'Bryan Branch ("Dixie" Democratic) 1873-1879: Joseph E. Johnston / Alexander H. H. Stuart (Democratic-Whig) 1879-1885: Barzillai J. Chambers / William M. Lowe...
  12. T

Presidents of the Confederate States: 1861-1867: Jefferson Davis / Alexander Stevens (Nonpartisan) 1867-1873: J. L. M. Curry / Lawrence O'Bryan Branch ("Dixie" Democratic) 1873-1879: Joseph E. Johnston / Alexander H. H. Stuart (Democratic-Whig) 1879-1885: Barzillai J. Chambers / William M. Lowe...
  13. T

14. T

15. T

Back