• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Persephone

1. P

NEW RELEASES: Apocalypse How?, A Nation Once Again

Oh hey, cool, the one where I have a title credit is out.
  2. P

The Hysteria Problem: Mental Health, Culture and Alternate History

Finally got around to reading this article, and I loved it. As someone who's struggled with mental health issues and has a heavily-stigmatized disorder myself, I'm ashamed to admit that I never considered the idea of alternate understandings of mental health, and the sheer breadth of...
  3. P

Alternate History General Discussion

Italy is a great power because you can get pizza on every continent except Antarctica. If that's not indicative of great power status, I don't know what is. Technically, The Death of Stalin (both the film and the original comic) is already AH by virtue of having apocryphal events occur and OTL...
  4. P

On 'Redchapel' and the Memory of Jack the Ripper

Do you have a link to this? Not doubting the veracity of it, but I'm a fan of Ripperology in general, so new evidence is always nice!
  5. P

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Oh! Oh! Pick me!
  6. P

I really appreciated this, it was something I needed to hear and it helped me get back into the swing of things, so to speak. Thanks a ton.
  7. P

Don't you just love it when you put in a lot of effort to write a character in a forum game as a nuanced depiction of how the Progressive politics of early 20th century America in a world where eugenicist practices carried on well into the 1960s would evolve over time into a form of...
  8. P

First off, how the fuck am I just learning about this now. Secondly, Kim Newman's Anno Dracula (at least in the first book, which is more of a detective story than later books) has a nice subversion of the idea that the heroes/main characters have to be hyper-competent, with the main leads only...
  9. P

The world deserves a Roscoe Conkling, International Prizefighter TL. That is all.
  10. P

Alternate Wikibox Thread

>The Tweed Administration Oh god oh fuck oh no-
  11. P

Weimar Germany- D,E,F

I've seen all three seasons and it is absolutely brilliant. It captures everything so well, and while there are a few anachronistic gaffes here and there, the showrunners really put in the effort for it to be as period-accurate as possible. It's a gorgeous show with genuinely gut-wrenching...
  12. P

Least favorite alt-history story?

Doctor Assad or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barrel Bomb
  13. P

I had an idea the other day for a TLIAPOT that goes chronologically backward until it ends with the circumstances surrounding the initial POD, but I dunno how appealing that would be to read.
  14. P

Least favorite alt-history story?

This isn't related to the current discussion, but if I'm being honest, I've kinda grown tired of excessive criticism or lambasting of alternate history works by the online community. It's somewhat ironic of me to say, considering I'm the first one to call out stuff that's exceedingly stupid and...
  15. P

Blackentheborg's city council archive filing cabinet

WI: Michael Jackson played Lando Calrissian?
Back