• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Ottens

1. O

Prequel Problems: The Duck Universe of Carl Barks and Don Rosa, Part I

Thank you for the article! Great read. Big Don Rosa fan here. I'm working on annotating all the chapters in his The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, investigating the real-world history behind the comics, at Never Was. It's slow going, but I work on it whenever I have the time. Check it out...
  2. O

Unbuilt Barcelona

Thanks for the republication! One of my favorite cities.
  3. O

Lost Cause: Genre Trope to Avoid

Thank you for pointing that out! I've tweaked the language in the original article.
  4. O

Atlantropa: The German Plan to Dam the Mediterranean

Love this! God created the earth, but the Dutch created the Netherlands. Thank you all for the comments on the story!
  5. O

What If Belgium and the Netherlands Had Remained One Country?

Thanks for the republication, and the comments! The religious question is an interesting one. I suppose this would probably have prevented some of the discrimination Catholics faced during the early Republic. Later Catholics (in the form of the KVP party and its predecessors) became the...
  6. O

How Germany Was Divided: A History of Partition Plans

Thank you for the republication! I love this alt-history map of a Danube Confederation, which imagines that in the present day Georg von Habsburg, the grandson of the last king of Austria-Hungary, Charles I, would be the ceremonial head of state.
  7. O

Partnership with Never Was

May this be the beginning of a long and successful partnership!
Back