• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Llamastrangler

1. L

Comic Corner: Captain Britain (Moore/Davis)

The great Alan Davis remains an eternal constant, though! Excalibur never quite worked in the same way for me. Could never quite put my finger on why. Chris Claremont was writing, no less, and I can’t say it wasn’t good, but it didn’t quite have the bonkers charm despite being clearly insane...
  2. L

Comic Corner: Captain Britain (Moore/Davis)

I ought to reread this run, which I finally discovered a few years back. Alan Moore doing Marvel really does not compute, but then this is only Marvel in the most anal of senses, from an age when the British comics traditions were still a thing and thought themselves immortal. Also, Alan Moore...
  3. L

Doctor Who: Return of the Cybermen

That could even lead to the biggest bang in history.
  4. L

What if Lloyd George’s brush with the Spanish Flu had killed him?

I realise this is all rather topical for obvious reasons at the moment, but Lloyd George was struck down with the Spanish Flu in September 1918, an interesting time. What if he hadn’t survived? It’s too late, arguably, to affect the course of the war, but there are all sorts of questions as to...
  5. L

If those who had died in "their time" had lived longer (if Oscar Wilde had seen WWI and other ideas)

This is fun to think about, but would have been dangerous for him to push too far. He got into a lot of trouble for the performance of Richard II he and his players did in 1601 for the then Earl of Essex just before his rebellion. Elizabeth I herself was very aware of the subtext (“I am Richard...
Back