• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Jophiel

1. J

AMERICA DIVIDES: The Multi-Party US Election of 2016

Really glad we've established the Cold Party, with the Liberals are the Hot party, and Nationals as the Warm party. Please ignore all the exceptions for this to work. Alternatives being the Northern Party, Central/Middle Party, and Southern-Coastal Parties.
  2. J

Really want to see a more regular timeline of Hillary-Bernie's term in this TL.
  3. J

I'd love to see this.
  4. J

This is such a fun read. I cannot wait to see how it all pans out.
  5. J

AHC: Bolshevik Russians end up as co-belligerents of the Entente, fighting the Germans again

Guessing Theodore Roosevelt, since he helped end the Russo-Japanese war.
  6. J

This timeline is immensely satisfying, jokes are great, like better than most AH I’ve read, really glad I spent some time to take a look. This sounds stupid, but it seems to scratch a kind of itch about American Politics I never knew existed by having it make so much more ‘sense’ to me as...
  7. J

My name.

It wouldn’t be a big moment of mine without me somehow messing up a key detail. It is done. Thank you. I’m sorry I’ve made this a big deal in terms of how I’m making it sound, but I thought it’d make this a bit more fun and self reflective. Also I really should’ve just @ you in the first post.
  8. J

My name.

If its easy enough, Jo works just as well. This will just be a username. I understand it might take a moment, though.
  9. J

My name.

To celebrate my first day of transition, I'd like to ask Meadow and the SLP staff team to finally change my name from what it was prior. I have been waiting for this for... years. 'Jophiel' is what I've decided on. Thank you all for treating me so nicely during this period. You're all a...
  10. J

German Intervention in the Russo Japanese War

The two alliances being Germany, Russia against France and Britain is interesting. Wonder if that’d lead Austria to seek help from France and Britain and as a result Italy has both possible irredentism targets united against them.
  11. J

Alternate History General Discussion

There’s something very British Empire about the fact that they could’ve maintained some of the empire by absorbing the parts that wanted through integration into parliament, but racism and fiscal anxiety meant they’d rather just let it disintegrate.
  12. J

Alternate History General Discussion

I heard that one of the reasons Britain refused to annex Malta amongst several was that they didn’t want to set the potential precedent that all colonies could be incorporated into the UK. What potential colonies would’ve wanted this?
  13. J

WI: Immediate Effects of Soviet Europe After WW2?

Actually, this brings up a good point. By the time the Soviets had effectively conquered all of Germany, France could possibly liberate itself. Not sure on that, someone with more knowledge on the French resistance may need to correct me, but that might lead to the Maquis or other groups...
  14. J

WI: Immediate Effects of Soviet Europe After WW2?

But would the Soviets be willing to let that happen? They tended to react rather aggressively to different styles of Communism or reforms to the systems they had in place as we saw with Tito as well as the unrest events within the Warsaw pact. The question would be whether they'd be willing to...
  15. J

The Tom Wintringham Thread, or 'What to do with "England's Last Revolutionary"?'

Common Wealth might have potential, the problem is that Attlee is pretty popular. Don't see how a left of labour party can really succeed if I'm being honest in the climate established after WW2. Eventually its just not going to survive. Maybe if Labour was more pluralistic we could see him...
Back