• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by iupius

1. I

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Extremely interesting scenario (British National Congress!), @Thande, but frankly shocking levels of 1966 election erasure.
  2. I

Alternate Wikibox Thread

3. I

Alternate Wikibox Thread

Mogul Trump is convicted in all four of the federal and state cases against him, including in the Florida classified documents case, where most observers had anticipated a hung jury. His legal team - which, having shed lawyers over the next eighteen months, looks entirely different to today -...
  4. I

Sam's Town 2001-2009: Al Gore (Democratic) 2000 (with John Edwards) def. George W. Bush / Dick Cheney (Republican) 2004 (with John Edwards) def. John McCain / John Engler (Republican) 2009-2012: Oscar Goodman (Republican) † 2008 (with Mark Sanford) def. John Edwards / Antonio Villaraigosa...
  5. I

The Green Fairways of Indifference 1953-1956: Dwight Eisenhower (Republican) † 1952 (with Bill Knowland) def. Adlai Stevenson / John Sparkman (Democratic) 1956-1957: Bill Knowland (Republican) 1957-1961: Charles Halleck (Republican) 1956 (with Milton Eisenhower) def. Adlai Stevenson / John...
  6. I

Don't Blame Me, I Voted for Bulworth 1989-1997: George H. W. Bush (Republican) 1988 (with Dan Quayle) def. Michael Dukakis / Lloyd Bentsen (Democratic) 1992 (with Dan Quayle) def. Bill Clinton / Al Gore (Democratic), Ross Perot / James B. Stockdale (Independent) 1997-2001: James Baker...
  7. I

The Powers That Be 1953-1957: Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower (R-KS) / Sen. William F. Knowland (R-CA) 1952 def. Gov. Adlai Stevenson (D-IL) / Sen. John Sparkman (D-AL) 1957-1962: Fmr. Gov. Adlai Stevenson (D-IL) † / Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) 1956 def. Fmr. Amb. Milton Eisenhower (R-MD) / Rep...
  8. I

We Will All Go Together When We Go List of Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom since 2019 2019-2022: Boris Johnson (Conservative) 2019 Conservative leadership election def. Jeremy Hunt, Michael Gove, Sajid Javid, Rory Stewart, and Others 2019 (majority) def. Jeremy Corbyn (Labour), Nicola...
  9. I

Alternate Wikibox Thread

I don't think you can blame @Comrade Izaac - or anyone, for that matter - for being jumpy about this. Not being sure which ideas to take in good faith and which were lifted from elsewhere poisoned the atmosphere here for a while. These things leave a legacy.
  10. I

The Brothers Eisenhower 34/36. 1953-1957: General Dwight D. Eisenhower of Kansas / Senator Richard Nixon of California (Republican) 1952 def. Governor Adlai Stevenson of Illinois / Senator John Sparkman of Alabama (Democratic) 35/37. 1957-1961: Former United Nations Ambassador Milton...
  11. I

Alternate Wikibox Thread

I don’t think it’s too edgy. My biggest gripe is that Mountbatten survives the 1979 bombing, gets Gaged, and seizes power... in 1977?
  12. I

Doubtful, it's in line with the Lascelles Principles.
  13. I

Untenable Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom since September 2022 2022-2022: Foreign Secretary Liz Truss | South West Norfolk (Conservative majority) Sep. 2022 Conservative leadership election (57.4%) def. Former Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak | Richmond, Yorks. (42.6%) 09/2022...
  14. I

allthepresidentmen's test site

Not quite, Orpington and Bexley are both still blue right there on the map!
  15. I

WI: Galloway wins Batley and Spen

Given the ugly mood in the party after Hartlepool, I think it's pretty clear that a defeat in Batley - let alone a third place finish - would spell the end of Starmer's leadership. At the very least he faces a bruising challenge from Angela Rayner over the summer.
Back