• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Incognitia

1. I

POD Cast: 15 August 1399

So many twists and turns it's hard to pick just one; the most ambitious is probably a French/ Welsh/Percy combination, though as PoDs go some of the possibilities around failed scouting and the like are easier to arrange.
  2. I

Alternate History General Discussion

Man from right wing German family tells the Nazis what they want to hear so he can work on rockets, then tells the US government what they want to hear so he can work on rockets. He clearly wasn't burdened by morals, his priority was rocketry, whether there's a government he wouldn't have...
  3. I

Talk about armed neutrality! What delivery system would Sweden have gone with? Submarines might have felt risky in the Baltic...
  4. I

Who would the 1932 Democratic presidential nominee be if FDR had lost his bid for governor of New York?

If nobody else is interested, why doesn't Roosevelt still go for it? Albeit as less of a front runner without four years as governor.
  5. I

Things that look like alternate history but aren't

My kids nursery has little photos of the kids and staff on the walls, with names and flags for their country of origin. For some reason some of the British kids have the pre-1801 Union flag on theirs.
  6. I

Drake's Drum

So, over the last ~month I've read the Drake's Drum books. First off, Nick, thanks for writing them. Obviously they were a good read, or I wouldn't have got through 4 of them. That said, the first two were the best ones, for the simple reason that the whole series is strongest on the war...
  7. I

Ramifications of an Allied Victory in a 1938 War?

I think there is a question as to how much of that is down to how earth shatteringly evil Nazism was, and how much of it is down to Germany having lost two major wars in a generation.
  8. I

Eh, they're not going to hold off from occupying Germany just because a) the Germans will hate it [that's part of the point] or b) the communists might benefit [the army of occupation will have a monopoly on military force in Germany].
  9. I

I would strongly expect a military occupation of Germany. Versailles was supposed to stop Germany starting new wars, and it failed in 20 years. If you park an army in Germany they know they lost, you can make them pay for it, and you don't have to allow them a 100,000 man army which can provide...
  10. I

Westminster with Proportional Representation. Part 3.

What an interesting situation you've built Andy. Clearly not utopian, but it feels healthier than the system we have.
  11. I

I think it's easy to understand, especially for writers just starting out - they get limited interaction with their work, so when they get a question about how a specific country or individual or movement is affected, they answer it, and then things spiral out of control. Telling people "that's...
  12. I

I just don't see how Trump wins the democratic primary, his vibes are all wrong.
  13. I

Westminster with Proportional Representation. Part 2

Well that election is an unholy mess - but the Lib/Lab pact bringing in national STV is a pretty good outcome from it even if they did have to use the Parliament Act to do it.
  14. I

POD Cast. 30 August 1422, Part 2.

The problems of a middling fish trying to swallow a big one are many. Presumably there's no easy fix for the lack of volunteers, loot doesn't grow on trees...
Back