• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Gonzo

1. G

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

This is based on a PoD of Frederick, Prince of Wales marrying Lady Diana Spencer (granddaughter of the Duke & Duchess of Marlborough) leading to an alternate George III. List of First Lords of the Treasury 1757-1761: Thomas Pelham-Holles, 1st Duke of Newcastle ('Old Corps' Whig) [1] 1761: Sir...
  2. G

Gonzo's Graphics and Infoboxes Thread

Thank you very much! Yes I feel Dublin South would be one of those areas that would vote for an alt!Tory candidate here even under 1997 conditions. One area I dithered over giving to one party or another was Dublin South-East, which I am 'casting', so to speak, as one of those formerly safe...
  3. G

For the most part, this is tongue in cheek...
  4. G

Here are some graphics I made on the other place featuring several what-ifs of French politics: Balladurverse or a Chirac-screw Chaban-Delmas prevails in 1974: 1988 Gaullist lockout: Quebec 1970 analogue 1981 Runners Up Mitterrand-Chirac reverse (Mitterrand remains...
  5. G

I suppose going off the result from 1970 with no boost from the UUUC, Utley can *just* about scrape through. Plus its important to note that Utley was overall probably to the Rev. Dr. Lord. MP. MLA. Cllr. MEP.'s right as a average while still probably being more tolerable to the average...
  6. G

The 1974 general election in Northern Ireland, often dubbed the Sunningdale election, was held under the large shadow of the Sunningdale Agreement. The Agreement set up a powersharing government in Northern Ireland which would include the Ulster Unionist Party, the SDLP, the non-sectarian...
  7. G

8. G

I was trying to have something somewhat realistic (which I think I have achieved in terms of the list of Taoiseachs), but I agree with your point there. I did have a little concept list before with a more stereotypical Scandinavian Ireland with a dominant Social Democratic Party. I guess I...
  9. G

Ireland - This is what happens when the only disagreements between the two main parties is which side your great granddaddy fought on in the Civil War The Irish presidential election, 2015 took place on the 29th May 2015 to elect a new President of Ireland. This came after the incumbent, Brian...
  10. G

I'd have thought President John Waters (Ted Kaczynski without maths or bomb making knowhow) was even worse? *All seats are held by Independents* *Kerry is represented by 6 Healy-Raes* *Independent Fianna Fail is a thing again* *Government resolves to fight the major problem of potholes in...
  11. G

"Another day is dawning With another bridge to cross Another fight and one we're not afraid of It never has been easy And it won't be easy now It's another chance to show what we are made of We have fought side by side With pride and dignity And together we can face the future fearlessly We've...
  12. G

I guess this is the right place for infoboxes and graphics.
  13. G

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Dublin is just a Sunningdale away... List of Heads of the Northern Ireland Executive 1973-1979: Brian Faulkner / Gerry Fitt (Ulster Unionist 'Pro-Sunningdale' - Social Democratic & Labour) 1973 (UUP-SDLP-APNI-NILP Powersharing Coalition): Brian Faulkner (UUP - Pro-Sunningdale), Gerry Fitt...
  14. G

WI: No Hunger Strikes

I think it would be interesting to see what the effects on Nationalist politics. As has been raised, the Fermanagh & South Tyrone by-election would probably end up going to Harry West and the UUP as the Nationalist vote would be split between Maguire's brother and perhaps Austin Currie. OTL the...
  15. G

WI: Fine Gael are in power during the GFC

It is important who Fianna Fail choose as their leader in opposition. Their leadership race OTL in 2008 was very sparse owning to the fact no one stood against Brian Cowen. I could see Brian Lenihan Jnr. in the running as well as perhaps Dermot Ahern (no relation to Bertie) or Micheal Martin. I...
Back