• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Bolt451

1. B

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Thank you @Carolus for reminding me of this Lol, lmao even
  2. B

Recent past and near future alternate history is weird. Right? That Corbyn TL I wrote in 2021 had an ending in 2022 with elections under AMS and a Red-orange-Green fairly stable government. Socially progressive, small g green, Someone acceptable as leader of Labour even without Jez. Hey Wayne...
  3. B

Joe Labourman: What if Joe Lieberman's ancestors moved to the UK?

Sorry. Is there reasoning behind this. Did his family move from the UK? Or did they nearly move to the UK? Like how Boris Johnson was born in New York or Jerry Springer was born in London. Or is this a thought experiment? No worries if the latter 🙂 politicians transplanted into other systems is...
  4. B

Alternate History General Discussion

Tbh even then that's treating it as sci-fi or at least stuff where multiple timelines is part of the plot like, IDFK, Sliders. A lot of AH it's not relevant. You're generally looking at it as a strictly historical thought excercise (though reasonable assumptions and quality of work may vary)...
  5. B

Alternate Careers of Notable People Thread

A while back I did a Collab list over on my test thread which ended.at 1960 following a second US Civil War, Imperial Germany as Hegemons over Europe and various other things. I asked people to give me OTL figures and id write an alternate biography. These are some of my favourites but feel...
  6. B

Brill, I've started writing it. TBH there are so many "big guys" in the WWF in the 80s I could see him ending up in something like a foreign menace role alongside someone like Nikolai Volkoff and/or Sheikhy baby, especially with them as more experienced guys covering for his inexperience. Hulk...
  7. B

Alternate History General Discussion

a) Maybe. b) Thats enough "proof" for AH to work as science fiction, if needed at all c) I have a degree in Economics and International Relations and nearly failed A-Level Physics.
  8. B

Mind if I expand on this? where Arnie is a wrestler during the 80s? Just as a short piece
  9. B

Alternate Wikibox Thread

cue some wanker commenting on how Starmer failed to take "The Blue Wall" being either those Tory seats next to Tim Farron, or the Scottish border seats. Even as Starmer has a government that would make Stanley Baldwin *censored, bloody hell Frey*
  10. B

Alternate Wikibox Thread

1) How awful I love it. Amazing work as usual. 2) WE TOOK CHELTENHAM!! 3) Even in this hellscape my childhood doctor took Stroud.
  11. B

Plot Twist: 2025-Present: Keir Starmer ("Coalition" Labour (Later Social Democrat)-Christian Union Grand Coalition) Def 2024: Rishi Sunak (Christian Union) Lee Anderson (New Democratic) Ash Sarkar ("Anti-Coalition" Labour, later Left) Liz Truss (Free Democrat) Benali Hamdache (Green)...
  12. B

The Thirty-Eighth HoS List Challenge Thread

@Walpurgisnacht is this strictly historical or can we do speculative fiction too? I've got a sci-fi idea in my head but I might not submit it for the competition
  13. B

tweaked it so that Gore has 2 terms then Edwards runs. The Scandal over his affair comes out after he wins the nomination though.
  14. B

Redo of this idea. I still have no idea about American politics 2001-2009: Al Gore/John Edwards (Democrat) Def 2000: George W. Bush/Dick Cheney (Republican) Def 2004: John McCain/Rudy Guliani (Republican) 2009-2013: Mike Huckabee/Sarah Palin (Republican) Def 2008: John Edwards/Jeanne Shaheen...
  15. B

The Thirty-Eighth HoS List Challenge Thread

Darn it, the only idea thats coming to mind is one I'm already using on a TL. I'll have a think
Back