• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Recent content by Anarcho-Occultist

1. A

Least favorite alt-history story?

Yeah to be clear my point wasn’t that this was bad alternate history because Mises joins up with Nazis who cool it a bit with the anti semitism, I consider it bad alternate history that the Nazis cool it a bit with the anti semitism.
  2. A

Anarcho-Occultist's Way Too Soon Wikibox Thread

This American Century-Part 1 The great realigning event that would define the 21st century may have technically began with the victory of John McCain in the 2000 election. McCain was something of a maverick among Republicans, having a more moderate set of beliefs than his main rival...
  3. A

True but Mises did write that before he had to flee Europe due to being Jewish which one would assume would preclude any Nazis being willing to hire him.
  4. A

Alternate Wikibox Thread

This American Century-Part 1 The great realigning event that would define the 21st century may have technically began with the victory of John McCain in the 2000 election. McCain was something of a maverick among Republicans, having a more moderate set of beliefs than his main rival...
  5. A

There’s a few continuity snarls in Crossed that only really can be semi-reconciled if you headcanon that the Crossed do not actually appear everywhere on one singular C-Day and a lot of areas get hit and overrun without the public noticing until things get really bad-for instance Yellow Belly...
  6. A

I read and enjoyed 120 Days of Blood. The other site actually also has a TL by me called World War C that is basically a Crossed/World War Z hybrid. It kinda fizzled after two updates but I might revisit it at some point.
  7. A

Honestly a work like Crossed TTRL that focuses mainly on what we get in that volume (basically World War Z style war with the Crossed only with higher stakes because they can think more than a zombie) would’ve been super interesting.
  8. A

To be fair to The Thin Red Line’s Brown, the Crossed have more plot armor than the Draka. He was doing pretty well all things considered until the very end!
  9. A

Speaking of Crossed, the same comic's Thin Red Line arc qualifies as alternate history as it makes the outbreak canonically set in 2008 (when the first Crossed comic was released). It doesn't warrant a mention here, though, as it is actually one of the better Crossed volumes. What does warrant...
  10. A

Vandal Savage Vandal Savage (born circa 50,000 BC) is a metahuman, immortal, warlord and conqueror who has been active under numerous aliases in numerous places. Savage was born Vandar Adg, a member of the Blood Tribe in Anatolia well before the Hyborian Age. Adg’s acquisition of...
  11. A

Glad you liked it! I felt like Wharton being eccentric fit not only Ingsoc’s specific hobbyhorses but the broader trend of far right people being very very weird on a personal level. This is the same ideological sludge that in reality gave us such ideas as Hitler as a divine avatar of the Hindu...
  12. A

The Ingsoc Party The Ingsoc Party was a British political party responsible for promoting one of the most harsh, brutal and authoritarian systems of governance in existence. The Ingsoc Party has its origins during the tumultuous period between the World Wars. During the 1920’s and 1930’s...
  13. A

Tracy Turnblad Tracy Turnblad Larkin (February 16, 1945-July 10, 2007), better known by her birth name Tracy Turnblad, was an American singer, dancer, actress, producer and activist. Turnblad was born in 1945 to Wilbur and Edna Turnblad. Wilbur Turnblad was enlisted in the US Army and had been...
  14. A

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Thank you for the kind words! I might expand the write up to make this into a TLIAW at some point, though probably with some tweaks (for instance I might need to swap Warren with someone else for The Other Site and I might make Bloomberg a PC rather than Dem). To be fair I would say if...
  15. A

Lists of Heads of Government and Heads of State

Some Markers for Others to Follow: Anderson 1980 John B. Anderson/Patrick Lucey (Independent, then Justice) January 20, 1981-January 20, 1985 1980: Def. Ronald Reagan/George HW Bush (Republican), Jimmy Carter/Walter Mondale (Democratic), Ed Clark/David Koch (Libertarian) The election of John...
Back