• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Kimkatya's Kalamitous Kavern Kontaining Krap Kontent

KCyvDK5.png

How about something involving the 1989 Tory leadership contest damage Thatcher a lot more? Perhaps a bigger hitter or Mayer pulls something out of the bag?
the issue with me doing anything related to tories is that i don't quite understand their inner operation when compared to labour

i can give you a list based on a labour pod making everything fucky but i'm not quite as good with the character of tories, despite reading an entire biography on ya boi hezza i don't understand him quite as well as i do say, eric heffer or charles kennedy

tbh i've been thinking about me and writing

the issue with coming from the hoi4 community is that i'm very tuned to extremely short-form writing, which means my brain is trained to pace like that. that's why i have so much trouble writing things on a large scale, with a beginning, middle and end etc

additionally, the problem with me and alt-hist is that i have a lot of trouble with forming a picture around things. I can give you a list of things that happened, but I have a very poor understanding of things like culture, economics, and language. I can tell you things that happened, but I can never say why unless it was directly caused by a specific action, and even then there could be a wider context to that action that I can't fully understand. I picked this up while watching the Mayfair Set, and I realised that a lot of my view of Britain in the 1980's was fine, but a lot of it is clouded in the context of "idk they just happened".

These are the hurdles I encounter whenever I try to write something. I never can quite figure out what's going to happen next, and then pace it correctly. I have big ambitions but I don't even know how to start on them. I want to write, I just have trouble doing so.

tl;dr i need to find more information about former mayor of london ken livingsto

I picked this up while watching the Mayfair Set, and I realised that a lot of my view of Britain in the 1980's was fine, but a lot of it is clouded in the context of "idk they just happened".
I will mention that one of the gifts of Adam Curtis is that whilst he talks about complicated things, his use of individuals related to concepts and ideas means that most of his early documentaries and some of his later ones, are great introductions to things like Keynes versus Freidman or like what Asset Stripping is and means etc.

But yes, train your brain to start viewing things in more long form manners. Also read a bit about story structure and writing, it wonโ€™t make you able to write a novel for example but it will allow you to understand more of the basics.

Hot take: Joanna Cherry as the โ€œOH NO SNP BECOME EVILโ€ choice is starting to get a tad stale. Just a bit.
Hugh MacDiarmid is more scarier,given that he was a Scottish Nationalist and a NazBol and someone who openly wanted the Troubles to happen in Scotland as well,but with Scottish Protestants attacking Catholics and the English. He represented every wrong with Scottish nationalism taken to the extreme.

Though him ever becoming leader of the SNP might be quite unlikely,given that OTL he got kicked out of the party for bigotry just like he got kicked out of the Communist Party of Britain and the National Front for being too extreme.

The old SNP of the Seventies being more successful and maintaining its gains might also create some scary future leaders since it was still sectarian and anti Catholic at this point.

Hugh MacDiarmid is more scarier,given that he was a Scottish Nationalist and a NazBol and someone who openly wanted the Troubles to happen in Scotland as well,but with Scottish Protestants attacking Catholics and the English. He represented every wrong with Scottish nationalism taken to the extreme.

Though him ever becoming leader of the SNP might be quite unlikely,given that OTL he got kicked out of the party for bigotry just like he got kicked out of the Communist Party of Britain and the National Front for being too extreme.
I mean nazis aside, there are other Terfs. Many in the ScotParl.

>BOB

Jesus fuck I feel like I just went back in time to like middle school/early high school when I actually enjoyed BOB.

>BOB

Jesus fuck I feel like I just went back in time to like middle school/early high school when I actually enjoyed BOB.
He went a bit mad round 2018, became an anti-semitic conspiracy theorist and flat earther.

Hot take: Joanna Cherry as the โ€œOH NO SNP BECOME EVILโ€ choice is starting to get a tad stale. Just a bit.
There aren't very many people with the same level of following as her that isn't a boring Swinney/Yousaf SNP establishment type. Obviously, there's Salmond himself but the Alba Party showed he doesn't have as strong a brand anymore. Another obstacle is that the SNP leadership is decided by a single transferable vote but Corbyn easily proved that wrong.

Back