• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Reading 'The War in 2020' in 2020

Japan got Iran and the Gulf Arab states to work together?! Bloody hell, if they're that good, America stands no chance!

"South Africa is eternal apartheid" and "South Africa is in civil war" shows up in a few 80s/early 90s scifis - it was a dropped element from Doctor Who's Battlefield which got back in the novelisation, even - and like Star Trek predicting the Troubles goes on until next year & is won by warfare, shows a weird limit of the human imagination. Nobody could conceive of "what if this ended and not in a violent way". Wonder what conflicts we predict as eternal will end the same way??

Just read the article and Im quite interested in getting the book for myself. Does anyone here know where I can Find it?

The article links to its amazon pages. .com and .co.uk

There doesn't seem to be an ebook version but both sites have paperbacks available and I would assume non Bezos owned stores would be the same.

Just read the article and Im quite interested in getting the book for myself. Does anyone here know where I can Find it?
The article links to its amazon pages. .com and .co.uk

There doesn't seem to be an ebook version but both sites have paperbacks available and I would assume non Bezos owned stores would be the same.

I got it from Biblio (used book dealer site - I dunno if it's available outside of the US).

Back