• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

NEW RELEASES: Five new books available!

Been waiting for the Australian anthology, very excited to get home and buy/read that.

I don't think I've ever encountered Elizabeth Jones before but it's an exciting pitch.

Been waiting for the Australian anthology, very excited to get home and buy/read that.

I don't think I've ever encountered Elizabeth Jones before but it's an exciting pitch.

I'll certainly be buying it. Happy to be published again, although its going to be a long while before Hanes Prydain is ready for consideration or if you'd even want to publish it.

And I've finished it. Enjoyed it a great deal, well up to the high standard these anthologies have been so far. Always a big fan of how audacious and out there you can get in a short story.

My thanks to @Jared, @Coiler, @M_Kresal, @David Flin, @Simon Brading, @SenatorChickpea, @Fenwick and other people who either aren't on here or whose usernames I don't know.
Glad you liked it. I certainly had fun reading those stories - and also quite a few other excellent stories which couldn't be made to fit within the anthology. One thing editing an anthology taught me that I hadn't quite grasped in the same way beforehand was that it's not just about writing a good story, it's about fit with the rest of the anthology. (Different locations, different themes, different time periods, etc). I had to decline several excellent stories which deserved publication in themselves, but which didn't fit within the anthology either because of overlap with other stories in theme etc, or because their tone would have clashed with the other stories.

The other contributing authors (Andrew J Harvey, Steven H Silver, Natasja Rose, and Peter Rhodan) are not on the SLP forum as far as I know, though I look forward to welcoming them when they (hopefully) join.

I also greatly enjoyed the Australia collection. Well done to @Jared for putting it together.

Lots of interesting scenarios in there, though I think my favourite chapter was the one on Australian intervention in Africa (by @Coiler, I believe?), though the absurdity of the Emu War entry is a lot of fun.
Glad you liked it! The Australian intervention story in Africa was indeed by @Coiler.

Back