• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

Aftermath of a Central Powers victory

Venocara

God Save the King.
Pronouns
He/him
The creation of this thread was inspired by this post:

Considering that Germany winning WWI would be bad... its not a better world certainly.

It was this assertion that caught my eye, because unlike with an Axis victory where everyone can agree it would be awful I'm not so sure that the same consensus exists with a Central Powers victory (or at least if it does, I wasn't aware of it), especially if you meddle with things before the war starts. With the right PODs, is it possible for a better [1] world to emerge from the aftermath of a German victory?

[1] Better in the terms that everyone can agree about, like less lives lost in WW1 and beyond and less destructive wars in the future.

Third Reich Lite coming out on top to (1) continue not being democratic (2) empower militarism and their Bloody dreams of Colonial empire and (3) fund their war though plunder and thus shatter the global economy is not a good thing, no.

A plurality, if not an outright majority of the AH love of the idea of a better world following a central powers victory is indistinguishable from the AH trope of "WI the Third Reich but just fascists, not Nazis"

Third Reich Lite coming out on top to (1) continue not being democratic (2) empower militarism and their Bloody dreams of Colonial empire and (3) fund their war though plunder and thus shatter the global economy is not a good thing, no.

My knowledge of German history pre-1918 isn't very good, but is the Kaiserreich so bad that it is comparable to the horror that is the Third Reich?

A plurality, if not an outright majority of the AH love of the idea of a better world following a central powers victory is indistinguishable from the AH trope of "WI the Third Reich but just fascists, not Nazis"

I have no love for the idea and I didn't create this thread thinking that the world would be better had Germany won. I just thought it could be a possible scenario, as is the scenario that the world would be significantly worse with a German victory.

I have no love for the idea and I didn't create this thread thinking that the world would be better had Germany won. I just thought it could be a possible scenario, as is the scenario that the world would be significantly worse with a German victory.

I'm not saying you agree with them I'm saying the trope which the Kaiserreich mod was originally based off of and what I was talking about in that post is built entirely on people who want to just talk about how secy they find the nazi aesthetic and how cool their tech was without any of the moral aspects

The best scenario is one where WWI is avoided altogether. Any positives that come out of the British, French, German, or Russian Empires winning WWI are basically incidental to the aims and means of the war itself which amounted to nothing short of horrific pointless mass murder by the standards of modern morality.

One effect would be that Namibia would become white majority. It was Germany's settlement colony and had already received considerable settlement by the time of the war.

One effect would be that Namibia would become white majority. It was Germany's settlement colony and had already received considerable settlement by the time of the war.
Having a settler colony does not, inevitably mean that there would be a white majority with a few more decades. If that was the case Kenya, Rhodeisa, and South Africa would have all achieved the same after our Entente Victory.

Having a settler colony does not, inevitably mean that there would be a white majority with a few more decades. If that was the case Kenya, Rhodeisa, and South Africa would have all achieved the same after our Entente Victory.

Thing is, Namibia's population was much smaller than that of any of those other countries.

Thing is, Namibia's population was much smaller than that of any of those other countries.

That's usually what happens when you commit massive genocide yeah.

I find the general obsession with recreating and envisioning (or if I'm being less charitable, openly fantasizing about) alternate white settler colonies in Africa to be pretty upsetting? Like if people did the same with Generalplan Ost it would certainly raise eyebrows. I don't have fun thinking about what would have happened if Germany had completed the Herero Genocide anymore than I do the Holocaust.

I find the general obsession with recreating and envisioning (or if I'm being less charitable, openly fantasizing about) alternate white settler colonies in Africa to be pretty upsetting? Like if people did the same with Generalplan Ost it would certainly raise eyebrows. I don't have fun thinking about what would have happened if Germany had completed the Herero Genocide anymore than I do the Holocaust.
I agree with your broader point, but let's not pretend that AH doesn't have a million timelines were Generalplan Ost was successful.

Even before the Herero and Namaqua genocide, Namibia did not have a very large population because most of it is desert.
Regardless, I only pointed this out because it would, indeed, have been an effect, regardless of what one may think of it.

I do also want to reiterate that the German plan to pay for WWI was though conquest and plunder. To the end of the war their debts we're to be paid by indemnities which is why they were so harsh to Romania and Russia. And of course Paris and especially London were two of the three largest banking centers in the world. And the other one (New York) was utterly invested in them winning the war.

German Victory against the French, Russians and British of the IOTL war means the world is in a Great Depression within a year or two of the peace. Even in a scenario where only France and Russia are defeated and Britain gets a white peace it's only a matter of buying a short while. Berlin is not just going to become a center of the world economy at the drop of a hat. There's going to be a chaotic vacuum and New York will have taken a body blow that prevents it from stepping in like it did when London was just exhausted IOTL.

Back