• Hi Guest!

The costs of running this forum are covered by Sea Lion Press. If you'd like to help support the company and the forum, visit patreon.com/sealionpress

PODs of the Thirty Years War XXXIV

This is really the point where I'm summarising massively because the TYW starts just intersecting with every single aspect of 17th-18th Century history.
Once you finally reach the end, are you planning on publishing them together as a book?

Once you finally reach the end, are you planning on publishing them together as a book?

It's a consideration certainly. I'll need to go back and make sure I've actually got consistent naming across the entire article series (I am absolutely certain I've jumped from English to German at some points).

First however, I'm going to do some maps for some of the more elaborated upon alternate outcomes. They may take a while...

It's a consideration certainly. I'll need to go back and make sure I've actually got consistent naming across the entire article series (I am absolutely certain I've jumped from English to German at some points).

First however, I'm going to do some maps for some of the more elaborated upon alternate outcomes. They may take a while...
Oh, that would be a good incentive for people to buy it even if they've read the articles!

Tom, you've seen how big my maps get when I really start putting the detail in.

"Wow the Holy Roman Empire really was a complicated mess, look at all those sub divisions."

"Actually that is a map of a single Bishopric on the Baltic coast. I had to simplify it quite a bit for readability purposes, hence the A3 foldout included in the special addition that explains all the *."

Not much to say here, except the siege of Arras is used as the setting for Act IV of Cyrano de Bergerac. Truly miserable time for all around, as the French besiegers became besieged in turn and were on the verge of starving when a convoy full of victuals made its way in.

"Wow the Holy Roman Empire really was a complicated mess, look at all those sub divisions."

"Actually that is a map of a single Bishopric on the Baltic coast. I had to simplify it quite a bit for readability purposes, hence the A3 foldout included in the special addition that explains all the *."

I mean, I assume you were joking about the exact example, but Lübeck did look like this.

1598624644009.png

I was originally going to say on the Polish Border but then realized such a concept was laughable, the HRE laughs at borders that can be summarized with one word.

The Prince-Bishop of Lübeck also actually resided in Eutin because Lübeck became a Free City.

At least until the title of Prince-Bishop became a hereditary possession of the House of Oldenburg.

Back